1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Quarantine Period Utilisation- My Weight Loss Journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by BDivya, Mar 23, 2020.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

I welcome back everyone after 2 years gap. The first week of quarantine, I spent lazing around. But came across many motivational insta feeds and decided to use this quarantine period productively, like a major lifestyle change.

I want to start with being fit and this time I will take things in smaller portions. So starting with the remaining 9 days in March utilisation.

#March challenge #day 1:
    Starting today.

Join me ladies!

2. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

#March challenge#Day 1:

Workout- ☑️
    Intermittent fasting- ☑️
    Diet- ❎

Starting weight: 79.4kg (random time)
    March end target: 76kg

Will update my empty stomach-morning weight tomorrow.

I took up self customized challenge last year post delivery and lost 8 kilos, after that I gave myself a break, kinda long break and now I want to redo and reduce few more kilos.

I started with 87 kg!

#MommyHustles

anika987 and PLK like this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Day 2 to day 5:

I was able to do IF. Diet was kinda okay I would say because I took coffee, in which I add more sugar. Then workout was also done.

Tomorrow is a Saturday, I have decided to again cut down sugar, fried items and increase workout timing.

PLK likes this.
  4. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Checked my weight yesterday early morning, I'm 1 kilo less than my target weight.

March: 79.8 kg
    April 9: 77.9 kg

And I was held up with some unexpected chores, so couldn't do any workout for nearly 20 days now. That is, from March end-9 days and April also nearly 10 days. But I did IF continuously with less intervals, that's why I reduced nearly 2 kilos.

Planning to somehow squeeze workout in my schedule with the lockdown extension.

April 10: 77.9/78 kg
    April end target: 75 kg

5. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    What you had during intermittent fasting? I am doing same for past 3 month .i lost 2 kg and gained back n couldn’t reduce more. I have my last meal at 6.30 pm and next meal at 11.30 am. I have one black coffee in morning without sugar. I am doing ab exercise recently but couldn’t reduce.

6. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Hi @BDivya
    I am logging in after a long time. Nice to see your update. Me too joining weight loss journey
    I really need some motivation to lose weight. I am planning to start some dieting and workout on days when I can find some time.
    Can you explain how you are doing IF? I tried a while ago, but I just couldn’t manage. Even now it is becoming difficult to fast when I work from home with a 5yr old and 1yr old. I have some much of pregnancy weight to lose.

7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@deepthivinayak1 I follow the 16:8 rule with no or minimum sugar. I have been practising IF since 2019 , initially the weight loss was quite slow but once ur body gets a hold of it then u might see the results.

Wanted to add one more thing, for some people this IF might not work, so u may try keto or anything else.

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hiiiii, long time! How ru?
    Congrats on second baby!

I have been trying IF for more than a year now so I have figured out which works and which does not. It depends on your body. Start simple with portion control and then move on to 16:8

All the best!

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

A small update from my side, I had some high indulgence in sugar coz of few occasions this month. And I checked my weight today only to know that... Got back again!
    April 26: 79.6 kg

I always measure on empty stomach in the morning.

10. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Silver IL'ite

How did you manage frm 87 to 79?

I'm currently at 86. I started at 98 though. But stuck at 86 from 2months.

I dont believe in any diets though. I pay to a renowned nutritionist who plans my diet. No fasting. And i saw reliable results.
    I didnt rebook with her lately to cut down expenses.
    But this lockdown happened so no much workout.
    Busy with life even though at home 24x7.