Quality Assurance - Entry Into Workforce

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by anika987, Oct 29, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I finished my QA course recently with the help of a desi consulting agency and they took my resume and said they will get back...

I have a personal emergency and requested them to get back in a week and was told okay..

have u got jobs with consulting agencies?I have studied very hard and hope to give my best and also revising my course to prep well..I was told next step will be some mock interview and if I crack the real interview will get it..

I dont know about the competition but I am really hoping to gain something coz I have given my best...

how much can I hope?

just keeping fingers crossed...

Thyagarajan, Laks09, Mehana and 2 others like this.

2. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Good job on finishing the course. I am sure its hard work and full of challenges.
    I think now they usually take the resume to modify it to make it market ready.
    To do so they may end up including every related technology under the earth in your resume whether or not you know it. You may want to negotiate here with them to have as many things that you have learned during the course in the resume and not add whatever they feel like and the number of projects they will put and the kind of work that will be shown under those projects.

From my earlier interactions with them I learned this is how these desi consultancies work , if its fair or not is a different discussion.
    They may offer mocks , proxy / real interviews and also on the job support for the first few months.
    Take hints from the consultancy on what they are willing to offer in terms of support. They will try their best to support you in all ways since they are invested in you now.
    First few months will be challenging but with your efforts you will soon get a hang of it and then you are set.

I have known quite a few people going this route. After maybe a couple of months to an year of challenges there is no looking back. Though they were in different technologies than yours but the process is same.

It is ok if you take time to find your first project . Or if you struggle in that one and end up losing it. you will only gain from whatever actual experience you will get out of those projects to apply on your second one, third one.

All the best for it. I hope everything works out well.
    But even if you face issues in the beginning don't think too much about it and move on to next role. You have nothing to lose only gain.

Also now since you have an idea about this QA , maybe look into some kind of a widely recognized certification to help you further. That will add some more value to the resume. And also realistically hiring will slow down due to holidays fast approaching. You can look at these certs as add on value during this dry spell till hiring picks back up in Jan.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the reply.

I don’t know what’s he next step.

I did manual testing online course and am also revising my topics widely.

I don’t know if they just took the money,taught me the course and will they leave.. and not care much..

Dont know if i do not get the interview,they will say goodbye since they got their course money or will arrange on further interviews

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Make sure you try on your end as well. Keep posting your resume on the job portal. I am unsure about the agency nowadays, but more experience you can gain in attending the mock interview, so that you know how to handle the questions. There's a lots of opportunities in testing, keep attending more interviews.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you.will check job portal.

right now..am more worried if they will get back to me:)

I paid some amount and finished the training...they said they will forward my resume to the marketing team...
    now waiting for what next...:)

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I wish you Godspeed in your endeavour to get through mock & real interviews.
    Regards.
    happy Deepavali.

anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you..hope I get this