1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Quad diet for Irritable Bowels Syndrome, anybody?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vijisarath, Feb 16, 2015.

1. vijisarath

vijisarath New IL'ite

Hello, Recently I understood that I am struggling with IBS for the past 4 years. Anybody who can help me with good recipes on Quad diet for it? We eat Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and North Indian food at home. This is no more an easy thing. Please help! Thanks in advance!

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you maintaining a food diary. For IBS sufferers, the trigger foods can be different from person to person. It may be onions, cabbage, dried beans like channa or rajma, deep fried food, milk and milk products, cocoa, fruit juices, refined flours etc etc. Just write down what you eat and try to correlate with your symptoms. It's hard to find all the trigger foods but in time you will find what causes you the most discomfort, just avoid those foods.
    Btw, never heard of the QUAD diet, lets hope other ILites have better insights. Hope you feel better soon.

2 people like this.
  3. vijisarath

vijisarath New IL'ite

Thanks! Food journal is a good idea! I will do that.
    Quad diet is mainly for Indians, 'cos Paleo doesn't suit us.
    Eat like our ancestors? - The Hindu
    is where I got to know about it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the link! This is what I try to do with my son. Feed him as much as foods that we are genetically prone to eating. I didn't know it had a name!

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@vijisarath sometimes gluten allergy can trigger ibs symptoms. there is a new study that shows many indians do have celiac diseases that enlighten some of the triggers/effects a few have while eating chappathis that don't happen when eating rice. there is more to ibs then it just being ibs anymore.

The quad is a fitness company that is about eating healthy, fitness and more. a couple of friends of mine, one in the us and the other in chennai have benefitted joining their camps. your nutrition and diet chart will be done based on your needs and symptoms. though a high end one, it is highly beneficial. so if you can afford both the cost and the time, try it for a term.

That said paleo diet does not just mean what our parents ate. as i have discussed this and also have shared my experiences and little knowledge and balancing our diet in this thread, that said i am no where a nutritionist. i only share what worked for me, what may work for others.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/241203-indian-lunch-ideas-sans-rice.html

and to understand quad diet,
    The Quad - Working out will never be the same again.
    there is a article by a quad instructor in Chennai edition of "The hindu" in the health section, you can follow the simple reasoning and logic behind some of the articles..

And to understand celiac...
    Gluten Alert - The Hindu
    Celiac India

And yes maintain a regular food dairy. any increase or decrease in your ibs should give you a clue on to what you are reacting to badly. i went through a bad phase of the whole gut infection from the start to the end. i was weaned of high fiber, wheat and asked to have bland vegetables,and rice. believe me i found a lot of difference in my digestion and other side effects..

So the key is in your hands..find what triggers it more.. eating pastas, noodles. eating high fiber..eating spices...anything could be a trigger..

hope you get well soon..

1 person likes this.
  6. ArjunKumanan

ArjunKumanan Senior IL'ite

Living with IBS: Every day passes with pathetic situations that includes dairy intolerance, oily foods, stress management, travel diarrhea, party food allergies and what else if a person affected by Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I was a victim of IBS for 8 years. But now I am leading a very healthy life with no food intolerance.

From north to south I tried all the medicine, everything seemed to have better and again I faced the same problem. Every day passes with big struggles during 8 those years.

Thank God almighty, showing a recovery path for IBS when the whole medical world claims there is no treatment for IBS and you have to maintain diet chart, dairies and other things. Friends, its always better to understand the root cause of the disease and eradicate it out from our system. That wouldn’t be possible in most of the cases in any other medical treatment.

Pranic Healing, a no-touch no-drug healing therapy, made my life back to normal.. Thank you GOD.

Get it in touch with your nearest Pranic Healing Center now.

If you are part of Chennai, pl let me know I will share the best center details.

Have a speedy recovery.

Sairam!!!

Arjun Kumanan

7. vijisarath

vijisarath New IL'ite

Thanks for the info Mr.ArjunKumaran! I live in Bangalore. Do you know any Pranic Healing center in Whitefield? Sounds very hopeful. Thanks again.