Qatar relocation!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by ais_1982, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We stay in Johannesburg...My husband has got an offer in Qatar for about 22000 riyals...We are wondering if it is good to take it up... As far as i have seen single bedroom flat costs about 5000..I have a 2 year old..How much would be the monthly expenses for a family of 3??? Are there lot of Indians in Qatar??? How much would be the monthly expense including flat, transport, her play school and groceries??? I think the visa is resident permit and medical insurance will be given as well...

My main concern is my kid has eczema...Can she withstand the climate there??? She suffered horribly when we visited India for vacation...She cannot withstand AC because it will dry her skin ..And extreme heat as well....Kindly help...

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi ais,

Welcome here...

You could check this recent thread which will give you an idea about the cost of living - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...locating-to-doha-help-needed.html#post3161456

There are a lot of Indians in Qatar and for Play School you may need to pay somewhere from QR 2000 - 3500, per term.

Qatar has extreme climate, and you cannot survive wihtout AC during summer. If your child has skin problems, then its better to check with a doctor before you decide.

1 person likes this.