Qatar Airways-Luggage details

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by kokila19, May 12, 2010.

1. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have booked by flight from Kuwait to Chennai in Qatar Airways. I was told by the travel agent that We can take 40 kgs(2 bags 20 Kg each), but I want to know Hand luggage in included in this.

Also, whats the maximum limit allowed and Whats the charges for extra baggage??

Thanks in advance

2. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Best way ist to call the airlines and check. as they keep changing their policy.

3. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rose,
    Thanks for your reply.

When I was coming to Kuwait for the first time, I came in Kuwait airways. That time they said strictly only 20 kgs. So I dint bring anything much including clothes.

The passenger lady sitting next to me told that they will allow till 35 Kgs. It differs friend, thats why I m asking here.

4. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

You can check their Qatar airways website and see what their policy is for travel from Kuwait to India. The travel agent is always not correct.
    But the airlines know their policy ,so they should be able to tell you the correct luggage limit.

5. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rose,
    I checked the website already, 40 Kgs allowed. Even if they say 40 kgs, there will be a maximum limit for that, which we will come to know only when people who travelled on Qatar Airways..

As I already told you, in kuwait airways website they say only 20 kgs allowed, but we can take 35 kgs. This is the maximum limit.

6. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Hmm never heard abt the max limit which is more than what the airways says. My parents live in Kuwait for the last 30 yrs and we have been travelling almost every month back & forth and this is the first time I am hearing this.

7. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Oh K Rose...

Its not the maximum limit . I just explained it like that. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Have a good day.