QA testing: Pre requisites doubts

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by newbee123, Nov 2, 2007.

1. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Boone,

Can u pls. answer my query regarding the Newjersey training centers ?.I wud greatly appreciate your help.Bow

2. globestar

globestar New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am holding Master's degree in Science and have experience only in teaching.I want to step into IT field and I completed my Software testing course both manual and automation Tools in Chennai.Also have Knowledge in SQL.
    Now I am trying for the QA job in US with fake Indian experience and getting calls from consultancies.I gave work references(phone nos of my friends who knows testing but not working currently) .If i get the job, will the Employer checks my background

Will they confirm my experience only with the work references or they verify with the company what i mention in resume.If anyone tried and got the job without difficulties.Let me get some suggestions from u.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  3. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

hi globestar,

May I know the institute's name and duration of your course?

4. globestar

globestar New IL'ite

Hi Shravanthika,

STC Technologies at Adyar and duration of the course is 2 months.More information u can get from
    STC Technologies

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  5. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Boone,

If u dont mind May i know the training center in which u have done your Testing course?. If it is in US can u kindly give me the details?.I m planning to take up a course soon in NJ.So kindly share your experience with us.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  6. Anaita

Anaita New IL'ite

hi

i know one training center in Edision area near edision train station called ITMsys.

Goodluck

7. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Anaita,:idea

Thank your information.I very much appreciate it. How about this center ?.Have u or do u know anybody who has done QA training course from that center?.Computer TypingCan u pls. share more details abt it.?.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  8. Anaita

Anaita New IL'ite

HI Selvik,

Actually two of my freinds did that course from ITM ......one got the job and other one is still looking.I also wanted to do but i live in NY and its so faar from my place You can search on internet about the ITMsys in edision and call them........i dont have the phone number .

9. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Anaita,

Thanks for the info again.I think we both r sailing in the same boat.Even I m also located in NYDrowning but i dont find any center for QA training here.Mostly they r all located in Edison, NJ/Boston,MA.Anyway i wanted to take up the course .So enquired abt few in Edison but thought of hearing from people who did take up the QA course with any particular center and their experience wud help.Please bear with me,Did the 2 friends u mentioned take up QA course?.bonk

10. chiltu

chiltu New IL'ite

hi
    I have done BE in IT but due to personal problems i could not go for a job after my graduation.After a gap of 4+ yrs i have entered into a company with fake of 2+ yrs.Till now the wrk has not started.This is into manual testing of web applications i am scared could u plz guide me with few samples of test cases or projects

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008