1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pyaar ke Side Effects

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Jul 9, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]If you are a fan of Rahul Bose and love comedy movies, you should not miss this movie that rocked in 2006. Saket Chaudhary directs it. The credit of story goes to Saket himself along with Pratibha Acharya. Pritam weaves the words in to a hummable music. The movie is packed with powerful performers: Rahul Bose, Ranvir Shourey, Sophie Chaudhary, Suchitra Pillai, Taraana Raja, Aamir Bhasir, Jas Arora, Sharat Saxena and the surprise punch of acting comes from Mallika Sherawat is more famous for less clothes and no talent. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rahul Bose is Sid who is a DJ and bumps in to Mallika Sherawat who is Trisha running away from her own marriage mandap. She is supposed to get married to Jas Arora who is Vikram Chaddha. She successfully escapes from her hometown Delhi and reaches Mumbai. She feels it is easy to live as a spinster in Mumbai than any other city of India. She recognizes Sid who is churning lovely music as DJ. They share a couple of drinks and Trisha gets intoxicated and falls off. Sid reaches her home with the address in her purse and they hit off as good friends. Trisha has a good job with more than double pay than Sid. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sid shares his room with Nanoo who keeps counting his “no sex” days and is desperate to break the ‘Vrat / Fast”. Ha ha. He tries to bring in all the girls whom he meets to his bedroom but for some reason or the other they run away living him back to his position. Nanoo is very hilarious. Nanoo had a girl in his life and they were going steady for a long time. Nanoo is a lazy lump who does not clean his room or even change his undies for days together. Ha ha. His love gets tired of bringing in some sense in Nanoo and dumps him. Now, Nanoo is desperate for a woman and his mission keeps failing. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Trisha and Sid spend quality time with each other and discover they are not just friends anymore. They are happy to be in each others company and are basking in love. Trisha like all girls want to take it to marriage. She proposes to Sid and Sid gets the shock of his life. Ha! Ha!. Sid is not prepared for marriage he is fine with love. Trisha is all set to tie the knot (this time she is sure, remember last time she had run away from her own marriage!). Sid gives in but not fully, mentally he is still battling to give up his freedom and happiness!![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Trisha happily starts looking for frunitures, curtains, and other necessities to start a family life! Ha! Ha! Every time Trisha makes such plans, Sid gets more upset! Once when they are in the park watching kids play, Trisha lovingly asks him whether he wants a boy or girl as the first child. Sid jumps out of his skin. Trisha catches him by his act. They separate! Sid explains to her that marriage is not necessary and they can live happily together without it. Trisha cries bucket of tears! Trisha’s friend Anjali who is called as Dracula by Sid, as she does not approve him for Trisha stands by her friend. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sid, is very upset and listens to only sad music, he plays the same music again and again, hoping to empty all his sorrow and come out a winner. Nanoo asks him to stop the music as he is tired of listening to it all the time. Nanoo also had a good catch (this time it was the sales woman who was selling washing powder). He had made all plans to break the ‘fast’. She hears the sad music from the other room and tells Nanoo to be with his friend at such times and not get in to funny acts. Nanoo fumes as it is more than 180 days since he had last had it!! Remember, his break off, for not changing his undies for days together!! Ha! Ha![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sid finally steps out of the home to shop and blows 45K on baseless shopping, he meets Trisha at the mall and decides to ask her how much has she blown. It was a meter to know who is sadder! Trisha has spent only 10K and Sid concludes she has come out of the relationship totally. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the meantime, Aamir is a common friend of Nanoo and Sid, who is married and is going to be a father. He is very upset about it as he feels it is too early to become a father. He had plans to enjoy life with his wife (it is a love marriage)! All three friends mourn on their conditions. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Trisha goes back to Delhi and Sid is back to work with a vengence. He meets Sophie (Tanya her screen name) who acts as a sexy dancer of a music album Baby Girl Vol. 3 . She is impressed with Sid’s way of fusing music and wants him to be the music director of her next album – Baby Girl Vol. 4. There is a sexy number here played by Sophie. You must have heard the song “You wanna be a bad boy” sung by Earl and Sophie. Sophie invites Sid home for a coffee. In Mumbai inviting a male or female home for a coffee also gives a hint that they are interested in them. By accepting the invitation, you give the green card. Ha! Ha! Sid is happy to have a hot coffee with the sexiest dancer of a hit album. At the right moment, Sid backs off and returns home. Sophie tells him, that he is not able to get over Trisha and he loves her truly. So he should bridge the gap and make the relationship work. Sid gives it a thought![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Nanoo’s ex flame gets married and Nanoo is invited! He feels he was busy with his one self and was rigid to the core that he lost his love. He could see tears in the bride’s eyes. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Aamir becomes a father and holds the baby proudly. He tells Sid, “You just have to hold the baby once, all your fear disappears. I am a proud father Sid, today I am a proud father.” [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Its time for Sid to amend his ways and bring back his ladylove. He takes the help of Anjali (the scene here is very hilarious) swearing that he will not back out from marriage. Anjali takes him to Delhi and helps Sid to patch up with his ex flame. Now, the father of the girl comes in the picture. He does not approve Sid, as he is an ordinary DJ and his daughter is an officer in a big company drawing a very handsome salary and is used to luxury all her life. He tries his best to humilate Sid. The scenes here are too hilarious. Her father wants her to tie the knot with the same guy from whom she ran away from the Mandap! [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Finally, Sid gets Trisha![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This movie is a must watch as it explains very vividly the doubts that youngsters have in their minds about marriage, the fear factor of getting tied up, the fear of being responsible for the other person, these doubts which are in the hearts of todays teens are well picturasied by the director. The constant punch line of dialogues will keep you rocking throughout the movie. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Do not miss Pyaar ke Side Effects. It is a movie for all weather. Beware; to hold your seat belts, you will tumble down with laughter![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The hit song Dil Todke Na Ja is sung by Mika. The second hit song Oh Paape Pyaar Karke Pachtaya is sung by Labh Januja. If you like sad songs there is one for you too: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Feeling blue..feeling blue[/FONT][FONT=&quot]My heart says…heart says..[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cant be true[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jaane kya chaahe man..bawra[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jaane kya chaahe man..bawra[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ankhiyan meri..sawan chala[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ankhiyan meri…sawan chala[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This is Mals signing off with a hope that you will run to the nearest DVD store and pick up one for the day. I bet, it is worth the money. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Bye, Cheeya![/FONT]

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Good narration !!! I can visualise how you enjoyed seeing this movie....

Thanks...

Gowri

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    When I saw the title on raagadotcom, I thought some A movie. But after reading your narration, I wanted to see that movie. Thank you for the review!

best,

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mals my sweet your narration style is par excellence.. so proud of you dear.. will try and catch this maybe in the next 10 years or so.. thanks for sharing:)

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gowri66,

It is a very hilarious movie and worth the moolah!

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

The movie keeps you in splits throughout. I am sure you will back to me saying it was HILARIOUS!

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Ac,

Do take your own sweet time, but watch it once atleast. It is mind blowing!

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I luvvv Rahul Bose..This movie was cool...Any other movie that you would recommend ( Rahul's)...I have watched Mr and Mrs Iyer. Also I have watched pyar mein kabhi kabhi..

9. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Hi Malspie,

I agree with you, this movie was so much fun! :) You must recommend similar movies to us!

Ranganayaki

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Heyyy Mals,

Thu Mumbai express chodke Rahul ko dekhne Kab gayi??

I love Rahul Bose.Infact I sometimes watch movies only bcoz he stars in them . I have liked most of his movies specially Jhankaar Beats!!

Loved your narration.Keep em coming !!We luv em!

Love,
    Devs