1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pursuing hobbies after marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I met the match which was mentioned in previous thread.
    We had a discussion and he told me that he would be getting up daily at 4 in the morning goes to shuttle and then badminton. He says badminton is a passion.
    Apart from going daily he goes on Saturdays as well. Play the match till evening and come back home. He is divorcee too..
    Just a thought.is it common for husbands to pursue their hobbies at the cost of staying away from wife ? Please pour in your inputs.

2. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

It takes time to accept transformations in life. Maybe its a routine for him till now. Let him continue with that until it becomes really problematic for you. BTW.. do you have any sports or other hobbies?

1 person likes this.
  3. ivlakshmi

I don't have any.. I doubt if he can accept any life style changes as he has continued the same while married to ex.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Don't assume he will change. If you can accept him the way he is, go ahead, otherwise let go. If he changes after marriage to accommodate your wishes, well and good. But don't go in with the notion that he might change.

7 people like this.
  5. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

My husband loves to play golf, but after marriage he gets very less time to play ! More so because he wants me to accompany him to the golf course and i dont want to because I have nothing to do there! I would say to some extent it does go down, even though i push him to go, we enjoy spending tym together so individual hobbies take a backseat !! (touchwood, I aint complaining though)

1 person likes this.
  6. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Hey isnt it good that he is into sports. He will be more cheerful due to all those happy hormones ( endorphins ) that are produced due to playing sports and he will be fit and healthy.and who is to say people who stay at home are spending more time with W many are hooked to tv or their laptop.

If he is a family person than once kids come into picture his lifestyle will change even if not straight after marriage. If he appears to be a caring and loving type of individual then he will make sure that he spends enough time with you too.So i would say think if he is a loving, caring, responsible type of guy ? If he is then sports should not be a deal breaker imo. All the best .

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Being a sportsperson is not the problem. In fact it is good if he has healthy habits. But entire day Saturday? What if he refuses to change that?

1 person likes this.
  8. ivlakshmi

My doubts have been cleared.. the guy rejected me..

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

He has been upfront with you about how he chooses to spend his time. I would not assume that he will change after marriage, or even kids. Some people love their sports and hobbies.You should decide whether this is something you can live with. I would personally not mind weekdays, but a spouse disappearing for half the weekend on a regular basis would be a deal breaker for me.
    That said, my brother is an avid photographer who used to go off on nature hikes every spare moment much to my parents' irritation. After marriage, he prefers to spend time with his wife, or they take trips together.

1 person likes this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

hugsmileyDear Op....no worries dear.Some one better suited to you will come along.:kiss

2 people like this.