Punishments in schools

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by mathangikkumar, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

Today's paper says a school girl has been slapped for not wearing the school uniform shoe on a special class day. Though the parents have filed a case they have requested the principal to go soft on the teacher who slapped their daughter!
    The authorities should know considering the heavy monsoon in Mumbai, there is a chance for the shoes getting wet and even if the child does not follow the rules, slapping is not the solution. I do not know the teachers are losing their patience now a days and fail to be reasoning in dealing with students. Some kids take it and swallow some of them take drastic steps leading to death by suicide.

2. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

Once my daughter wore her normal day uniform instead of PT uniform (it was the monsoon season and it was pouring cats and dogs and I assumed there won't be any outdoor activity). The school starts at 07.15 and closes at 13.50 hrs. I received a call on my mobile at around 08.30 am, which I missed as I was in a training session.My elder daughter received a call on her mobile asking us to rush to the school with proper PT uniform. I travelled 20 kms in the pouring rain to hand over the PT uniform with white canvas shoes which my daughter changed into, in the school toilet during the break. By then it already was 12.15 and the PT period had got over too. But then, a rule is a rule u see, I was told. May be I should look at the bright side and be thankful that my child didn't get slapped after all!

1 person likes this.
  3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

i agree with rules being rules.. but not to the extent of slapping..