Pune restaurant reviews

Discussion in 'Pune' started by Gayathri47, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Gunjaaish

Gunjaaish New IL'ite

Hey Gayathri,

I believe Bombay Brasserie was shut to give way to Oh Calcutta! an authentic bengali cuisine restaurant. This too is a must try.
    For those who stay in the western part of the city, there is a Mainland China on Senapati Bapat Road too.
    I had blogged recently about restaurants in Pune, where I have put up links of websites all those I have visited and liked.

Hope it helps although its not a review per se.
    :)

-G

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello friends,iam back after a long time.
    Barbeque nation, in Kalyani nagar. wow,defl'y you should try..mainly for the starters,welcome drink:thumbsup(unlimited barbeque varities,veg & non-veg) asusual buffet foods,sweets also very nice. never miss this.:drool:drool

route:
    the road leads towards to Nagar road,next to Dass electricals shop.

Note:
    if you are a good eater then proceed,otherwise itz waste of money for poor eaters.
    per person 320.
    Ambience is nice,but the probs is smoke inside the restaurent from our tables only;-) because of barbeque.

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ah vivbass! Good to see you back! Is this BBQ Nation the one behind Dass? I also recently went for BBQ.

I had been to Sigree on my birthday
    Actually, when our boss had taken us to this place before, a year ago - believe me - the service they offered really sucked! They dint even care who is taking care of a table,. if they needed any food or not - let alone food - even after requesting 3 times for spoons, they dint even bring one! (And we were a group of 15 people!)

So, we eneded up eating fruits from the bowl with out hands :bonk, and then we poured kheer in our plates and eat it (ok, the spoons arrived by then) but they showed no intension of bringing bowls for kheer :rant! Really, it was pathertic, so our boss wrote an extensive 'bad' feeback on the form they offered(I dont know why did they even bother with the fb form)!

Well, that was a year ago, now, here's what I think.

Location : D.P Road (from the road straight form Ruby Hall), near Mainland China

Type : BBQ buffet/A-la-Carta

What we ordered? BBQ. Unlimited BBQ (veg menu - filled ladies finger, roasted potatoes, mushrooms), rajma tikki, paneer something, and mix veg starter of a sort. Main course = 2 veggies, dal, rice, kadhi, salads

The ambiance : We sat outside, on nice benches. It was cool outside in the vening and so if felt good. Also, that made it possible for me to forget that all the smoke from non-veg food was coming alongs from near-by tables!

The food quality : Just okayish. Though there are very few restaurants that serve BBQ in Pune, it has become kind of sort-out places, but otherwise - I dint find the food quality or taste very different than my regular restaurants!

In short, it wasn't bad - but not the very best also!
    NOTE: I dont know if it was just me or really, I think the sppons and forks in the buffet table seemed oily to me! I definitely hadn't expected something like this!

The service : Was good. Ok, it was fast. At least I was in a surprise, especially with respect to what I had experienced the last time! :bonk

Pricing : 450 per-head (plus extra costs for drinks + VAT)

Verdict :
    Other than the BBQ, which is different than other restaurnats, the food quality is just the same. So, after the whole meal (which I must say I enjoyed relaxing in the open air) I was still in doubt if it was worth it!
    I think this place finds more foriegners (those who are coming to their Indian offices and all)
    Also, my verdict is of veg food, so I have no idea if the non-veg served here is better!
    But, can sure enjoy if once

4. smartcook

smartcook New IL'ite

Name : Sicilia

Venue : City Point, Dhole Patil Road, Boat Club.

Type of food : Pure Italian.

The ambiance : Amazing Italian ambience. The restaurant has facility to cook the food the way you want!! Also separately attached out of dining room is bar with DJ and drinks from all around world!!

The quality of food :
    > Simply awesome!! If you eat pizza here you wont wanna eat at Smokin Joes, Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc.
    > Each and every food is cooked in olive oil.
    > The chef cooks the food the way you want.

The 'Bar' for 'us':

> The dedicated separate bar is also amazing!
    > It has dance floor alongwith DJ!!
    > The wines from around the world!!! Also drinks too!

The service :
    > SIMPLY AMAZING - 4 STAR SERVICE.

The pricing :

Well being a amazing restaurent, food for 4 will cost you around Rs. 5000/- (excluding booze)....cuz when me and my 3 friends i.e 4 of us visited there, the bill of booze was Rs. 11,000/- and that of food was Rs. 4700/-.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I love Chinese Room on East Street. Next to wonderland.

St Louis - Bund Garden - Next to Taj Blue Diamond - Lunch Buffet's - Very Good spread and ver good price.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  6. croco

croco New IL'ite

Name: Vaishali

Famour for south indian dishes....SPDP is the best one....
    My fav in vaishali - Mysore cheese masala dosa & Mango lassi..
    super yummy

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Name : Sampanna
    Type : Veg-Non Veg

What we ordered? I've been there so many times and ordered many of the dishes like Pav Bhaji, Veg Pulav, tawa pulav(2nd best i've ever had), juices, Chat, Chicken Biryani...

The ambiance : Not so high class but is ok. If you want good ambience there's Radha Krishna in same premises!

The food quality : Good taste if not the best but cleanliness factor has degraded recently.

The service : Ok ok :bonk

Pricing : Reasonable not too high not too low

Verdict :
    Try the take home better for taste if you don't like the ambience.

Come back for more