1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pune memoirs : 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Aug 28, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

There was no chance of a transfer until July:rantIt was June and then I was eagerly counting down for the 12th. My mom, sis(s) & DH are coming to visit me…I planned a Pune tour, booked hotel and waited impatiently…Thus I had the chance to visit

Shaniwar Wada : A fort constructed in 1732 and was the seat of the Peshwa.
    Lal Mahal : This is a small 2 floored building where Shivaji spent his childhood; the place now has a few paintings about the history of Maharashtra.
    Aga Khan Palace: This is another place which is worth visiting, Gandhi, his wife Kasturba, his secretary Mahadevbhai Desai were interned at the palace from August 9, 1942 to May 6, 1944. Mahadevbhai and Kasturba passed away while in captivity at the Agakhan palace and their Samadhi are located in the campus.
    Parvati Hills : I guarantee that you will have a good workout; there are around 100 steps to climb. It’s really stinky around the place. But a great temple.

Katraj Snake Park: I would ask you not to visit this place if possible. It’s just an ordinary zoo-park. Despite the name we were not able to see a single snake there. But the place is crowded with family…you will see small kids playing around where as elders sitting around and chatting.

But the 3-4 days passed so quickly, even before I started enjoying it was 16th and it was time for them to leave.
    Many weeks passed and on weekends my only company was T.V. After so many boring weekends and wasteful spending of my precious time I decided to do something about it.:idea
    So I joined for ‘that’ coaching to which most of the graduates esp. B.Es and B.Techs jumps to, yeah the CAT coaching. With great enthusiasm I joined the weekend classes. Thus the weekends became busy for me, and to make it more great one of my friends joined here for MBA.

The lonely lunches at office was the only boring thing that time. Finally God did receive that prayer too, I met this girl at a lunch and we decided to go for lunch together since she too was coming alone. Thus slowly my friend circle in Pune was building up:thumbsup I joined for salsa classes which made my life here more interesting.
    I also took my interest in glass paintings & M-seal works(Hats-off to IL for taking my interest back to my age old hobbies,all the posts of paintings and hobbies forced me to think why did I leave all those?Why can't I start them again? )

And now finally it’s time to leave Pune and start my life with my darling DH. Today is my last day in Pune(as of now). The emotion I have is mixed: one of thrill & excitement of starting our family life, the sadness of leaving my friendly and helpful colleagues, the thought that how I might miss the peaceful ;) life in Pune.
    And the other two things am going to definitely miss are vada pav & bhakarwadi.....wow I just love those.But restrict myself from having too many due to the fitness factor ;) Am sure whenever I have a bhakarwadi in my life again it will bring to me the memories of Pune and Chitale Bandu mithai wale.

I cant help saying even among the panic of swine flu, the rising cost of living and the still to develop public transport (believe me it's really hard to get public transport to Hinjewadi after a particular time) Pune is a wonderful place to live.:cheers

2. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear, thanks for dropping in and for the very first fb of my memoir:)

4. saha

saha New IL'ite

Hey really nice to read abt ur experience of working and staying alone in a new place, making friends and now enetering new a new phase of life... :)

Good luck for entering the NEW WORLD ...:thumbsup

5. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,

Nice to read your blog. All the very best for your married life and may you both have a wonderful time together.

Anabika.

6. asma747

asma747 Senior IL'ite

Interesting writing and got to know about Pune.
    Hope God will bless you both with happy life.

Love and regards
    Asma

7. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

hi ami ,
    nice post ....... really happy that you are joining your husband .......happy married life !!!!

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Good to hear about your experiences in Pune ! I have been there only on couple of occassions on visits, but loved the place and weather. You are entering a wonderful phase in your life now. So enjoy !

9. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Hey Ami,
    After reading your blog, I felt I was @ my Hinjewadi Office,eating my lunch in the canteen...
    I left my job last Dec to join my DH in US.
    We both think how peaceful is the life in Pune...We are waiting to reach there back...

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear,
    Saha,Anabika,Asma: thanks for the wishes and fb.