1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pumpkin recipes needed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Nov 2, 2007.

1. sicherany

sicherany New IL'ite

Last Thursday day I cut some pumpkins and put them in the Friday without knowing what to do with them because it is not a favorite vege for us. But since my husband bought it I was thinking of browsing IL for any nice recipes. But what a coincidence when I found that there is thread started for pumpkin recipe on Friday morning. I picked the Bengali style suggested by Sunkan.
    But only thing I added what half spoon of sugar just to attract my kids. Hmmm..wow it worked. The pumpkin dish was so delicious that my kids just ate rice with it and the next day asking if there was any left over….so I think pumpkin has got it’s life back on my dining table :lol: and will try other recipes too….
    But I just a have doubt if it is ok to have pumpkin for dinner because I had headache the next morning when I got up from sleep. But my husband and kids were allright.
    I don’t know the reason but I suspected if it could be because of pumpkin or is it because of the sugar that I added...

2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    You can try pumpkin soup its very good,or else i can give u 2 recipes:-
    1) Pumpkin pcs (diced)
    kalonji seeds
    green chillies slit
    mustard - soaked in water and ground to a fine paste
    heat oil, add kalonji( black onion seeds) add, green chillies pumpkin pcs , salt and turmeric, fry for two mins, and cover, cook on low flame. when almost done add mustard paste and little water if required. cover and cook for about 3-4 mins.
    2) pumpkin pcs
    fenugreek seeds, jeera, dry red chillies
    1 tsp sugar ( since the pumplins there r not sweet)
    1 tsp lemon juice
    salt, turmeric
    heat oil, add fenugreek and jeera seeds, till the seeds splutter, add dry red chillies, pumpkin pcs, sugar, salt and turmeric. cook on low flame till done, add lemon juice and serve.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

thanks Priyu for the recipes, will try one by one.

sriniketan