Puja Format - Feedbacks here

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by AGR, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

silver modakam and agarbatti container

Hi silver lovers,

You can also get silver modakams which are used in Ganesha pooja and silver agarbatti container ( a cylindrical container). My mom got me both last week and they are incredibly cute.

Any leads for a small, silver pooja mandapam?

BTW, this Viyaya Varsham is the year of all white precious metals. So it is very auspiscious to buy silver, platinum, rhodium etc. Sudha, are you listening?

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hari Om!
    Vidya

2. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the slokams Ami

Thanks for the slokams Ami it means a lot to me. Mrs C if you have more you can take your time and post them. No hurry since I am still memorising the ones you have posted.

Bye

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Silver mantapam

Dear Vidya,

I had seen a silver mantapam in bangalore last year. It was 10 inches tall may be. It was very cute. I am also thinking of buying such mantapam. I saw this in a jewellery shop in Malleswaram. I am sure u will have more choices to make (in terms of size) if u go to chikpet. I have been using the silver flowers for archanai. It's pretty satisfying.

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kan kulirndu pochu

Dear Mrs Chithra,

What a sight, full of aishwaryam first thing in the morning. A fully decorated pooja thali- something that we cannot even see here. What is the fan shaped object next to the gold flower? And akshatai in silver too- fantastic. What are the two coin shaped pieces?

I hate shopping (my husband loves that in me). But now to got to Sukra,I must come to Madras ASAP.

And most important meet you .

love
    Vidya

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vidya, Go to Sukra, we both will, together !

My dear Vidya,
    Thankyou for the sweet words !
    The fan shaped thing is a small hibiscus flower in silver, which I got gold plated. The two small rounds are " kottai pakku" !
    The range now in the expanded Sukra is amazing ! Right from vilwam leaves, you get EVERY THING for puja !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

I beg your pardon, my dear friends !

In spite of my best efforts, an error has crept in the Ganesh Puja format. Please correct Step 2 - offering flowers. I have made the correction now.
    This only shows, I have to improve a lot! Seek Ganesha's blessings for that !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

They are so cute!

Dear Mrs.Chithra,

The pooja thali looks just wonderful. The best i liked was that miniscule coconut and bananas. Toooo cute. Feast to the eyes. Thanks for posting the snap.

8. Chitvish

I don't take any credit, Prathi !

The puja thali only shows that " A thing of beauty is a joy forever" !
    When I read all your posts, I am counting " living in Chennai" as a big blessing ! Not that I ever had a second opinion on that.
    Thanks for your post.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

all corrected and done

Dear Mrs Chithra,

It is a very small change and takes a minute to redo our printed sheets of Ganesha pooja. Don't beat yourself up. You have done a wonderful thing here and I am looking forward to the next.

love
    Vidya

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Wow, Mrs.C first thing in the morning, yr pooja room??

Are we more blessed or what to see in this early morning(5.15 a.m. here)???

Yr vethalai paaku seems to be bigger than mine, hmmmm....Was that lotus, oh my!!! Does it grows in yr garden, how big is it?? Only if I have wings, will come and empty yr garden(just kid.,)

Forgot to tell you that I have bought Goddess Annapoorani's small photo & kamadenu's photo!!! I am really happy know becoz, as u have mentioned, everyday, I do offer naievedhyam to the Goddess immediately after cooking done saying Annapoornashtagam. Is there any slokam for Kamadenu to say?

I have bought a tiny mangetic pan set which is available in 1 dollar shop. I am using as a magnet as well as a pan to keep a couple of rice grains too for the Goddess. It is very very satisfying to do small small things. No doubt, the blessing is increasing for you more and more these days!!!

Rgds.