Puja Format - Feedbacks here

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by AGR, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Do not become sentimental, Suba !

Dear Suba,
    Sanskrit shlokams are better written in english than in tamil. But if you still want, I can write them below in tamil as well. Let me know.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Woudn't want to double the work for you!

Dear Mrs.Chithra,
    I will clear my doubts with u if i have any.No point in repeating it twice.
    Thanks for offering. Mrs.Chithra,i feel gratitude should not go unexpressed especially for someone who is doing it all from behind a computer screen.

Love,
    Suba.

3. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Pooja steps

Hi Chitra mami,
    Pooja steps are very easy and good, keep posting pooja steps for other poojas too. It helps a lot of people like me, who do not know how to read the slokams in indian languages..

thanks heaps Chitra mami.

regards
    Kalpana.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

A doubt

Dear Mrs Chithra,

I will be grateful if you can clarify this doubt. On a normal day when I chant slokams, I read for different Gods like Ganapathy, Sastha, Devi, Narasimhar, Krishnar etc. When it comes to naivedyam, I offer one fruit or milk for all Gods.

My athai keeps a plate with many small cups (like yummy thali meals) and offers milk from each cup to each God as she finishes the slokam.

What is the right way? This has been bugging me for long.

thanking you
    sincerely
    Vidya

5. Chitvish

Hello Vidya !

There is only one common naivedhyam ! What you describe is new to me ! Daily I offer boiled milk with a drop each of honey & ghee first thing in the morning. Then after the puja, I offer - 1 tbsp of rice cooked separately with a few grains of dhal & a dash of salt & a drop of ghee. After naivedyam, this is then offered to the crows.
    On Fridays, for puja, I make any one payasam, specially for Devi. Ofcourse for major pujas, it is customary to offer payasam, vadai, sundal etc. Infact Bhagavathsevai has panchamrutham as well. But for daily puja, any one is fine - I gave dry fruit since that is the only non-cooked naivedyam easy for everyone ! Fresh fruit is also fine.
    I plan to post Panchamrutham recipe now, since it is a good offering for any puja.
    Do you like the daily puja routine ? I have had no feedback !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Many apologies and thanks

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Thanks for this clarification on naivedyam. I have also seen no else except my athai do this, so I had to get an expert opinion.

Sorry abt the second pooja format feedback. In fact, I like it even more than the first one since the second one seems more attuned to Nature and God. God willing, I want to do the second one daily and the 16 step pooja on special days. Looking forward to Panchamrutam recipe.

warm regards
    Vidya

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Ma'am,
    The Rama slokam camein handy today, along with the panagam, neer mor and kosambari....am copyingthe simple puja format, which i plan to start now.
    Thanks for all the enthu and motivation, madurai meenakshi oorkarur!

8. Chitvish

thankyou, Sudha !

What is this, suddenly dear Madurai is all over I L to my great delight !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the slokas!

Dear Mrs.Chithra,
    Am happy to see the daily pooja routine..Iam yet to organise the slokams i have collected and take a print-out but i hope to start from next week.The D.P routine sounds simple and effective.Thanks for sharing your inputs on naivedhyam also.It was very helpful and gives a clear picture.
    I have a question.I have heard that ladies are not s'posed to say "Om" and just say the deity's name and "Nama ha".What do u think?
    Another question is when u have a letter in brackets for slokams do we pronounce that also?

Love,
    Suba.

10. Chitvish

Suba, my Guru says !

My guru, when I raised this question, very clearly told me " Devi( or any deity for that matter) is grace persnified, how can you think that she will ever find fault with how you are worshipping ? !
    Suba, just don't go into details unless there is some elderly person at home whom you cannt afford to displease. Go ahead & do this routine - your house will be filled with abundant energy ! What more can we ask for ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.