1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Public School, Private School, Magnet School, Charter School?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by BhumiBabe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

My son is definitely not old enough for school, yet, but I wanted to keep an eye out for his education. I am planning to enroll him in a Montessori school when he turns 3 (or earlier, if they allow), but past the kindergarten age, I am not sure what is a good track to give him a well-rounded education. We live in the Mid-west (US)

Can anyone share what type of school they have sent their children, and the benefits they see in the program? I, myself, went through the public school route as a child, so I mainly want to know how the other types of school compare and how it benefits children for the future.

viki123 likes this.

2. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@BhumiBabe
    Welcome to mom's confusion club, just kidding.
    As moms we are always confused what to do. I was in you situation few months ago. I am not sure where you live but talking to parents in and around in your are will help.
    Personally i will go with public schools if they are rated good. The place we live currently is doesn't have good public schools and we are left with private and Magnet schools which have lottery and entrance test for Kindergarten.
    We decided to move further out for good schools, these schools have magnet programs, if kids don't qualify at-least they will have a better schools.
    Waiting to hear from more from others.

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame