1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

public school/no school bus

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by chaaral, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Came to know that since we live closer to the public school, the school bus wont come to pick up or drop off and we need to drop /pick the kids.

If you are dropping/picking the kids from school how do u manage it with work? morning is not a problem, but picking kids in the afternoon is difficult. parents or inlaws are mostly at home with us and they will take care of the kids and i didn't want to enroll in after school program.but inlaws/parents cannot drive to pick up neither walk as it is not walkable.

If you are also in similar situation, how do u manage?

Any suggestions?

2. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Though I'm not in your situation, just my thought for you. You can ask your kid(s) classmates/friends parents who pick up their kids and live in your community to drop your kids. If interested, you can even pay for them.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  3. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Chaaral,

Look for after school pick up service. There will be some licensed providers doing this. You can also check if any of your neighbor's kid has enrolled into any such service.

-Uma

4. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Why dont you look for car pooling with other parents, where every parent takes turn and you may have to do it once in few days. Many paretnts do it here in my son's school and it works out well....

5. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Thankyou Pinky,Uma and Ashwini.
    I will ask the parents, maybe they will be interested in it.If nothing works out the school pick up service might. but i think have to look for reliable person for that. i never knew such service is there.