1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PSBB Millenium, GST Chennai

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by amnilakshmi, Jul 2, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

How many of your kids are studying in PSBB millenium, GST Road ? Lets discuss about the school here .

My son is in UKG and he has been going with lots of enthusiasm in pre-kg and lkg but now he says his teacher is always scolding him. he says he is not interested in going to school.

He took nearly 5 days leave alternate days. and gets fever every night.. he shivers and wakes up in the night and says i dont want to go to school.

When i went to meet the teacher, his principal didnt allow me to talk to her instead said this is very common with the kids of UKG as they have to be in school till 3 which is new and secondly its due to peer pressure as they are asked to write 10-15 pages daily in school... I am surprised on what she said... she says peer pressure at the age of 4... the kid has to see so much more.. why to pressurize them from now itself?

10-15 pages daily is too much ... I think we send the kid to school mainly to learn basics of living, discipline and interaction at this age and not merely to learn how to write....

Please do let me know your experiences with this school...

This it really like this or i am taking it too seriously ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012

2. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

(1) From a developmental psychology point of view a 4 year old is not built to be writing 10 -15 pages (of what, may I ask?). This is quite simply an idiotic approach to "education".
    (2) The principal not allowing you to speak to the teacher is unacceptable.
    Your concerns are justified.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I thought the school took an easy approach atleast in the first few years.. i can undrestand 15 pages is too much, but again i find the fault lies in the parents who want more..and the schools are forced to approach schooling in the same way..

i have seen parents who send their children to montessori style for a few years and pluck them from there to the regular school, as they feel that their children are not in par with their peer..

peer pressure, who said the child does not have it.. i am sure it starts with the first few toys... yes there is so much to see..it is upto us as parents to help them out...