1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Provoked, Namesake and Cheeni kum!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sudhavnarasimhan, Jun 5, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I liked the provoked very much, but one thing i found in indian movies they can't show flashback properly, it would be better if they showed us abt her life in straight than going back again & again, this way we didn't get a good picture abt her life.

Regarding Namesake i liked the movie although my hubby found it little slow. i already gave my opinion abt it here-
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-movies/8272-the-namesake-worth-to-watch.html

Didn't see the Chinni Kum & eagerly looking forward to it after hearing frm u all.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi gals!

Nice chat going here.

Sudha, I saw Namesake and Cheeni Kam.

I feel Namesake will be enjoyed by all those who read the book. As a matter of fact, the film is even better than the book which is normally not the case. I think I have already written about it elsewhere here.

Cheeni Kam was an absolutely new take on this old and young love story. Age difference is definitely a huge obstacle for the outsiders, not for those who are in love, seems like it:) This movie works only because of the large dose of humor in it. I could totally empathize with the Paresh Rawal character:)) Most of the movie was good, dragged a bit towards the end. I thought the little girl was too precocious, sick or not?

I don't think Provoked has been released in the US as yet. I am waiting to see it.

The music did sound pleasant to the ears and I did not realize the m director was Ilayaraja, silly me. Kept thinking that the songs sounded familiar and S Indianish...no wonder. Yes, I recognise the Tamil songs. Have not heard the new Kannada songs, so had no idea.

Sunkan, your link looks interesting, will read it soon.

L, Kamla

3. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hey sudha

i watched namesake and cheeni kum

NAMESAKE --its O.K but not that excellent movie, the acting of Irfan khan and Tabu is simply superb

CHEENI KUM -- i liked it very much, comdey is good and as always amitabh and tabu played their roles nicely

i will c PROVOKED this week:)

cheers
    sreelatha

4. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

Great discussions regarding all three movies. I am glad producers and directors are making many more art films. It's nice to see something different. What really excites me about these films is just how quick indian cinema has gone global.

Have you noticed all three movies have been directed by Indians, living abroad. It's just a matter of time before we get to see a global awards nite where indian movies from all over are rated and recognized. Now would'nt that be awesome.

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I too wondered at the songs of cheeni kum....south indianish etc....thanks Sundari ,Chitra for the inputs.....it made interesting reading!
    had no time to watch any movies...have to get back to movie watching soon...he he....
    Anyway it is so HOOOOT here, and with just a fan which seems to have no air coming, we are all fretting and fuming and sweating! So better to sit at home and watch a movie....hoping that will not make us fret and fume more and send us up in smokes! ha ha ha:mrgreen:

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I watched Cheeni Kum and was pretty impressed by the movie. It has an off-beat story line, a very surprising one at that. Songs by Illayaraja are good.......we have heard them before in his Tamil movies.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

1 person likes this.
  7. dkbabu

dkbabu New IL'ite

hi sudha,
    I am kalyani.....I hv watched movie sivaji. U can not expect sankar mark movie, But rajini mark movie. There is nothing to do with the story.........I felt sivaji is a mix of a bit of gentleman taking away black money, amd a bit of mudalvan (okeokadu in telugu) regarding bribes................ viviek comedy is good. Rajani looks10 yr younger......... Real rajani is like father of reel rajani:). sreya is too cute . sets for songs are ultimate. sets for sahara.... song can't be describes. u can enjoy that only in theatre . u can't see the song we will be watching sets simply superb.

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Kalyani,
    i too watched Shivaji, yesterday in the theatre....yeah, grand sets, and Rajini in every frame, a younger one of course, amazing how technology does things to people......songs are good, same theme, but Liked Suman as villian.....better handled.....and Shreya is beautiful, but i felt should not have stripped so much in the songs....does not go well with image of Rajini....what do u say?
    But overall, great entertainer!

1 person likes this.