1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Provoked By Cheeniya.....With A Lady In A Room...

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 7, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    I must say and in total agreement with Manju, that your post is one of the most thought provoking I have seen during my short stint in IL. I bow to your clarity of thinking.
    You are right in the sense nothing defines anyone. Gandhiji has brought this out very clearly in his Experiment with Truth. What is a virtue in Kaliyuga was a vice in the previous yugas. Nothing has a finiteness about it. Remember the episode in Ramayana when Hanuman asks Lakshman for some physical features of Sita just before his visit to Srilanka in search of her and the great Lakshman says that he wont be able to do it as he has never seen any part of Sita other than her toenail?
    Can we be judged in the light of this episode today? How true you are about the rotation of the earth! And the Universe too rotates with all its galaxies. As
    it rotates, we'll start all over again from the Krita Yuga but before that, we must complete this Kali Yuga and go through the moral decay as ordained by Him.
    Lectures on morality are good but who can ever say what is moral or amoral?
    sri

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manjula,

It is an acknowledged, admitted fact that I have a soft corner and a weak heart for dream girls and young actresses. And I laughed at her comment on Mr.Decent and her communicable disease.

But having said that and having finished my laughing, I still have regards for Mr.Decent and especially after reading what Vidya has written about one's own standards of morality, I cannot bring myself to find his morality a mere laughing matter by a dream girl.

The girl has spoken cleverly; and thats about the most positive comment I can make on that.

Persons whose standards of morality or integrity are a little lower can always make such comments about people who have higher or more rigorous standards. Please remember that I am not saying who is better or worse.
    For instance I read about Rajaji who had two pens in his pocket. He explained that one was filled up with Government ink and the other had ink filled up from his personal resources. He used the first to sign and write on Government files and papers; and the latter for his personal writing work. When I narrated this to a small-time politician, he said, "How naive! How stupid! What if the ink in one pen is exhausted and he is forced to use the other pen! Will he transfer the few drops of ink from one pen to another to correct this wrong usage!"

This comment produced laughs, as the actress' remarks did. But the comment and the laughs that followed it do not make Rajaji a worse person or the commentator, a better person.
    Thanks for continuing the discussion,
    sridhar

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    I agree with you and all others that Vidhya has lucidly brought out a valid discussion.....and i fully agree with her and all others, and i quote Cheeniya here....
    Lectures on morality are good but who can ever say what is moral or amoral?

There is always a right and wrong to every thing ......each situation needs to be judged from all sides and conclusions arrived at based on one's own life'S experiences, isn't it?
    Any way a healthy discussion....and since we have had good interactions, we will all benefit i guess!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

A truly sincere write up on what morality is and is not. Hats off to your clarity of feelings and words on this. You have written beautifully, as already been said by other eminent writers here and I join them in appreciating your lovely post.
    Yes, what defines us and what can be defined as good or a bad morality..it is all in one's perspective of a situation and is not confined to any regulations.

How true Vidya, the world spins...on a tilted axis.

Saabash:)

L, Kamla

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

I am joining the gang here. :clap :clap :clap For a very well written post. I too totally agree with all your points of view about what morality is or is not.
    How true, the world is spinning on a tilted axis and we are all trying to stand straight !!

Vandhana

6. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    My tribute to your great writing is nomination of this post for the finest post of May.
    Though charged as a wordsmith by many in this forum, as of now, I do not have the right words to describe my feeling after having read that wonderful post.
    "Mind you, the rotation is on a tilted axis." Given enough time and resources I can write a 300 page book explaining the beauty and significance of these words.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vidya,
    ur mentioning of GUIDE is really nostalgic, one feels let down and the strategy of waheeda is really pen buddi pin buddi case, nice write up though, here sridhar has been a gentleman is all i feel. i think like how u say we r not answerable to any for our actions good or bad, but still sometime somethings are commendable in life...regards sunkan

8. varalotti

SHE 3 Posted!

Most Gracious ILites,

Here's Chapter 3 of SHE.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7534-she-episode-3-a.html

Life is always a bitter-sweet dish. Before we come out of the sweetness of the first bite of that dish, the bitterness of the second hits our tastebuds. But we cant even spit what's there in our mouth. That's life for all of us. And that's what you may feel about the Third Episode..

I cant say "Happy Reading".

Looking forward to your comments and views,

regards,
    sridhar aka varalotti

9. varalotti

The Womanisers!

Most Gracious ILites,

I have been fascinated by women all my life. Another fascination I have is for the womanisers.

They are a class in themselves. They have their own rules of conduct and morality. My observations about them is the matter for discussion this week.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...644-the-anatomy-of-a-womaniser.html#post64640

Looking forward to learn more about this class from your responses,

Regards,
    varalotti

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Thanks for being with me in this great journey. I am learning from this story as much as you are.

This story is a journey in air, a flight in a spacious A-380 state of the art craft. Only thing is that our flight capacity here is more than 10 times of that of an A 380.

I am posting Episode 4 now.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7730-she-episode-4-a.html#post65631

We are now taxiing the runway with full speed and are likely to take off at any time.

Fasten your seat belts. Take care. But dont miss the beautiful scenic view from your window.

As usual your captain (and the flight attendant rolled into one) is waiting for your views on the journey.

regards,
    varalotti