1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Providing healthy diet for the whole family

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Alagi, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Alagi

Alagi New IL'ite

Dear ones,

I am living in a joint family, We are 4 members and my baby.
    I am a working women.
    I am very much cautious about the diet of family.
    For a healthy life, we should first concentrate on the oil that is used for cooking. Too much of cholestrol is not good for health. It may lead to heart problems. i have heard sunflower oil is good for health.
    Avoiding non-veg(excluding sea foods) is good.
    Pen in ur thoughts.

2. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

I agree oil plays a major role in cooking. So it is better to use less quantity of oil. Apart from the oil, we also need to be careful in the kind of food we eat. For eg Junk food is always not good.

I have heard that Olive oil is very good for health. And yes avoiding non-veg is a very good choice if we want to avoid Fat.

3. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

My mantra:

Follow the food pyramind. Try to include all the food groups in your daily diet i.e., more vegetables and fruits. I am not a fruit lover so I compensate with vegetebales.
    Add more good carbs and avoid bad carbs ( any processed food , white rice ). Replace white rice with healthier and nutritious grains namely brown rice, Oats, 'Whole wheat'.

Keep the fat intake within daily limits. Reduce the sugar and salt. I find reducing salt is the most difficult thing.

4. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

eating too much non-veg can lead to blocked arteries that pump blood to the heart and the genitals. Eating vegetables also keeps one lighter and slimmer, translating into a positive feeling about one's body. toomuch of anything can be harmful.

olive oil is good for health. Extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point and might not be the best choice for deep frying. yes, too much of cholesterol, too much of triglycerides are not good.Triglycerides are a form of fat in the bloodstream. People with high triglycerides often have a high total cholesterol, a high LDL (bad) cholesterol and a low HDL (good) cholesterol level. Many people with heart disease also have high triglyceride levels.

source:Triglycerides