Proverbial Tamil Proverbs - Part 4

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Dec 4, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    If at all the super moderator starts a thread on Maths, you will anyway be the first one to go there, since you started this method of counting age, whereby we are all still sweet sixteen, and Kamala has just turned seventeen!
    So where Varalotti goes we will all follow.....after all we are banned from this thread and your threads also, so we will count on some common innocent threads to share our innocent thoughts and feelings and try to grow up slowly!:cry:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sudha, I admit.....

with all humility that I am no speck on V R, leave alone patch !
    When it comes to writing, I will go to the extent of giving him credit and proudly say, he is my mentor. Last year when I first started writing in his threads, he encouraged me so much, I cannot forget that. Without his guidance and support, I will be nowhere, Sudha.
    He is the ultimate, there is no denying it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

உயர உயரப் பறந்தாலும் ஊர்க்குருவி பருந்து ஆகுமா ?

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Rocking....

Naughty girls vs. Sridhar

Thoroughly enjoying the battle of words. :rotfl
    Thread is very interesting to read especially the proverbial quotes from the Ehuthalar and the cooking Queen.
    Great going.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I do not know if I am allowed in this A thread. But still I want to interpret one of the proverbs.
    Eeyar porulai theeyar kolvar- if a person does not donate a part of his wealth to te needy, then his wealth may be taken off by evil person (meaning it will be stolen). I hope I have expressed the right words.
    Here's one- kaakkaiyai kandal bhayanthuppen, kallanai kandal thuninjuppen.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are mistaken, Sudha!

Dear Sudha,

That was a wonderful post. I always enjoy your subtle sense of humour and your beautiful words. But I need to make my position clear on so many things.

When I told the ladies that the thread was getting naughtier by the day and all below 18 should move out, it was only a joke. I was kidding. When Kamla said she had just turned 17, it was in the same spirit. One of humour, and pure fun. Nothing more than that.

If I had by any chance given you the impression that I am poaching Chitras fan to my threads or hinted about the quality-comparison of my threads and Chitra's, well, I apologise.

If you want us to be compared, then let me do the job. Writers do the comparison better (though they advise others never to fall into the trap of comparison)
    Chitra is a full-fledged, state of the art shopping mall, something like the Garuda Mall which I saw in Bangalore recently. The mall is complete with an elaborate food court, a couple of multiplex theatres, entertainment centres apart from dozens and dozens of shops selling from pin to plane.

I am just what we Madurai people call as vethalai pakku kadai selling limited ware to selected customers.

If Chitra is Le Meridian having multi-cuisine restaurants all over where you can get tandoori kababs or tomatto uthappams, Coffee Latte or Ginger tea, I am just Rajendra Cafe, selling idlies dosas and coffee.

And jealousy will have no room in either of us as I top her list of admirers and she mine.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. Chitvish

My dear Sridhar !

I loved (only) the last sentence of your post
    "And jealousy will have no room in either of us as I top her list of admirers and she mine."
    You said it very right - என்ன இருந்தாலும் நீங்கள் ஒரு எழுத்தாளர் அல்லவா? - you conveyed our friendship in the best words.

Now, Sridhar, a small request. Please do not drive me away to Le Meridien - I have never stepped into that place ! I feel perfectly " at home" in our own Madurai Rajendra Cafe in Mandayan Asari Lane behind my father's erstwile clinic. It is one of my favourite joints ( I know it is yours too), with their mallikapoo idlis, ghee roast dosai & A 1 coffee.

Let us share our honours equally , in this beautiful forum with goodwill and admiration for eachother.

Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  7. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

another good set of proverbs. enjoyed reading not only the proverbs but also your replies.

regards,
    kodi

8. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Ok, so here goes my first post here!

Dear Mrs Chitra,

As much as I love listening to tamizh proverbs told my my mom, I am rather ashamed to tell you that I am unable to enjoy yours for I lack the ability to read/write tamizh :(

Don't know if this has already been told/printed by you here, but one proverb that mom always used for scolding me was "Ammavasai ki paal keta aada-devasathukku nei kondu varuvai pola irruke!!" Although she would scold me with this proverb, I always found it amusing!!!

Another one I find funny is "Kaakai ki than kunju pon kunju" - I know this is not supposed to be funny but because I wouldn't understand tamizh that easily as a kid, I used to take it literally and giggle all the time:mrgreen:

9. Chitvish

My dear Kodi !

I did miss you last week - your P M explains it all !
    thankyou for your promptness in my thread as ever.
    மதுரைக்காராளே என்னை விட்டுக் கொடுக்கலாமா?
    Love,
    Chithra.

எண்ணம் இட்டவன் தூங்கான்; ஏடு எடுத்தவனும் தூங்கான்

10. Chitvish

Welcome to this thread, Shal !

Your amma's pazamozi is new to me !
    That only proves
    கற்றது கைமண்ணளவு; கல்லாதது உலகளவு !
    I hope you can read & enjoy tamil !
    Please continue with me, my Shal Baby !
    Love,