Proud grandma says hello..:)

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Kamla, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheer and Laxmi...

Thanks a lot for your congratulatory wishes. Yes, seeing a tiny little baby brings one closer to God and one realises how beautiful his creation is. We are all blessed with such a beautiful world, we should strive to keep it so.

L, Kamla

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A tall order Sridhar, not me...

Thanks Sridhar for the lovely greetings. May your words come true and may MaduraiMeenakshi ammal guide the little one all through her life. When I see her lying there, so little and so delicate, one cannot but wonder at His/Her amazing miracle. It is defenitely a blessing to be a grandmother, all love and no responsibility!! About me being a 'mother grand'..ha ha..no illusions there! I struggled through it...rest just happened:)

Thanks Surya for your best wishes and for liking the name Mira.

As for the name, no, it was not my suggestion! See, my daughter and soninlaw have very defenite ideas about what name their child should carry through life. Being born and brought up here, they know how they sailed through their lives with their given names. They believe in a universal sounding short name that cannot be mutated!! My daughter, thankfully wanted to please our indian sensibilities too at the same time, thinking mainly of her grandma!! All the 'in' sounding modern names of India are wasted on her. Amongst the choices she made, Mira- at once appealed to me for all that it stands for. Luckily, they too liked the name and Mira was born:) So also, Jay, my grandson.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo and Sudha...

..my dear friends,
    Thanks for the beautiful words and greetings. I learnt something from both your posts.
    Varloo, I did not know the Mother was called Mira, or I have forgotten that. I am glad. Thanks for those blessings. True Varloo, I could not upload the pic though I tried several times. IL refuses saying it was too big and had to be trimmed. I dont know to do that. Maybe you can post a step by step instruction as to how to do that. Many will appreciate it I am sure and I surely will.
    Sudha, I did not know that about Septemper babies. I hope it is true and that she will sail through her life smoothly. My sis is a September kid and she is defenitely a blessing to her family, although a daunting sister to me;)) Was your daughter born in September?...or is it you??:)

L, Kamla

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

To attach a photo or picture to a message

Hi Kamala,

Looking forward to see the little Mira's photo here in Indusladies.

Please refer link which guides you how to add picture to your message,
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368

If the image file is not the permissible dimension, then you could try Image Resizing with the help of Microsoft Photo Editor or Adobe Photoshop.

I hope you succeed in posting the cutie pie's photo.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Here I am!!

My dear grandmas, aunts and one uncle!

Thanks for all your well wishes. My kisses to you all:)--Mira.

Attached Files:

6. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Awwwww!

Shes an angel. her eyes are very focussed and sharp.Look like shes gonna be an intelligent and a pretty kid!!! Thanks for the wonderful picture of the cutie pie! :)

My warm kisses to my dear neice!:D

Purni

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:)

Thanks Purnima......L, Kamla

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, cutie chweetie pie.... !

My dear Suja,
    Lovely, bright baby, looking picturesque !
    I can imagine the mood of celebration right now in your house. Enjoy every minute, till Chumi leaves for her house carrying Mira with her ! We, grandmas must learn to say a nice, pleasant though sad & heart rending bye to our grand dolls ! That is what our life is all about.
    Take care - of self, Chumi & Miru papa.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

look at that!!!

Dear Kamla

Thank you so much for posting her picture.........just seeing her made my date.......she is really cute.........now i wish i could just hold her for a while..:-D

hopefloats

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

You did it!

Dear Chitra,

You called her 'Miru'!! Ha ha, I must tell that to the parents!
    You have it all wrong. Things have changed Chitrakka, and how. My daughter had her baby in her own house!! It is me who is with her and not the other way round!! But as we live only some twenty minutes away, its okay:)

Hopefloats, you can surely hold her. Do visit me:)

L, Kamla