1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Protectors or achievers ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hema76, Mar 25, 2013.

1. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]In these modern days unknowingly we have lost our self by showing interest in our accessories [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]how many of us buy a dress by only thinking about their likes ,once we take a dress the first thing that comes to our mind is ,will it be looking good to others sight .?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Most of the people having cars not only for their purpose but also for their status [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]How many of us having a basic phone, phone is also nowadays shown as a status symbol .[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Why we are forced to show interest in these accessories, if we think,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The only reason comes first is ‘RESPECT ‘,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes we do get respect and be unique among a set of people, if we have all these accessories and sophistication[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But in this line, we have to think once again [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]‘RESPECT ‘ whether given to the person or to the accessories ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If the same person comes without those accessories then ,how he will be seen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]‘RESPECT ‘ is ultimately to the accessories not for ourself .[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We without believing our self now started to believe these accessories for our respect and pride [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Is this the correct thought we should have ?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There is a another biggest problem by this attitude [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In spite , of having a wrong sight about one’s respect, we use to have a inferior sight over the people who have a correct attitude of believe themselves not accessories an[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d also will make them inferior by our sight .[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Truly saying one who believe in accessories and sophistication will have more worries to protect and carry all over , but the one who is believing in himself will concentrate only in his goal.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Most of the great achievers are seen to be simple only because of that, they have achieved their goals
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] A simple man Gandhiji is the reason for our independence .[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now we should decide ,as what we should be [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Protectors or achievers ?[/FONT]

1 person likes this.

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Hema,
    I don't know if it's an apt title. But I agree.. we're giving more importance to others opinions than our happiness. I cautiously try not to worry about others opinions (unless they mean well). However, sometimes I get carried away too..

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very beautifully narrated; I like how you have managed to convey a more important meaning and significance much deeper that what appears on the surface; Truly syncs with the subject matter too! Super!

4. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for ur valuable comments uma.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema, totally agree with you. In fact, many times I have been asked what all "features" my mobile has. My mobile is what it is meant to be - a telephone. I can call others and receive calls on it. Even if it had 50 other features, I would be unlikely to use them leave alone know how to use them.

As for clothes, friends and family often chide me about not getting them tailored "properly" meaning fitting. I like my clothes to be loose and comfortable - I like to breathe easy in my clothes, damn how they look.

I do not own a credit card and have been looked at like something the cat brought in and forgot to take back with it when I told a shopkeeper I did not own one.

Yes, these days people value folks for what they have not for what they are. But that is alright. Once I know who those people are, it suits me fine if they don't value me. In fact I rather they don't. :-D

2 people like this.
  6. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Anandchitra for your motivating comment.

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Sounds exactly like me.. :shock:

sorry to interrupt OP:)

3 people like this.
  8. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]I struggle to understand the basic features of my primitive phone supporting only handful meaningful functions!

As long as the button to accept calls has that receiver thingy notched (notched not even imaged), it serves the purpose of survival.

But envy the breed of 'contributors' (e.g developers of apple apps) and 'educators' (no a pinch is different from twitch) - employ their skills to segregate and advance the human species from neardenthals like ME.

Why envy and not despise? Their passion, dedication and sheer joy in experimenting with technology to make our lives a step away from idyllic bliss - skyping with my mom while cooking through my friend's recipe blog - downloading witty bytes from Sheldonopedia instead of long-distance trunk call while rummaging through notes from my friend in a world where kitty is the only audience of Sheldon. Envy the enterprising streak in them to think beyond, perform better and deliver the best for all of US!

Give them some slack for pride manifested in the rattle on their latest gadgets! They need it! They breathe in it!

Your post surely talks of that pesky breed - 'exhibitors'! Who would go to great lengths why iPad mini (jove! and I said that) or MS Zune is not a technological disaster when they own one. And t-a-l-k is not a simple 4 letter word when enhanced with 4G... Now that kind ...aah! They are the ones who makes you feel alienated when you are no friends with androids. You balk at their coming, sigh at their exit . Aka 'Protectors' as you fiercely baptized that ilk ..mostly enervate me but sometimes ...amuse me..entertain me and erm...do I say ..persuade me. Battle of will against wii! And when I finally relent, I'm glad I only did...for all the chirruping they never get tired of holds the irrefutable truth - we are living in the best of our times! Blink of an eye ...and the world spins around technological axis adding pile of never-imagined sophistication in our lives! Given a chance, I'd hang them in gallows with my fancy phone string (the only boastful accessory) but erm...still ..give them a teeny-weeny nano scaled slack. May be as you rightly quoted 'achievers' are the ones who are focused - focused in sieving when technology meets trumpeters. And the true achievers are the once who see this nuance and make a call....

Thank you for the deep-reflecting post that got some of my sluggish grey lit up! :) [/JUSTIFY]

P.S: Your post touches on societal measure of respect, attitude, self-preservation in terms of technological assets. Very reflective insight on perception.

3 people like this.
  9. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

me too the same. My hubby buys me new models phone but I can't meet up his phn ablility,I mean features.and I am not intrested too.
    Before posting this post I was thinking myself as the only girl who is struggling with high brained phones.
    Thanks for the comment .

10. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for ur deep anslysed comment uttara,am proud of your comment.