1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

protecting from weeds

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by alamu, May 19, 2010.

1. alamu

alamu New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am new for gardening.

I have a small backyard. After the winter it looks like the whole yard is covered full of weeds and its spreading like fire.

I tried pulling out the weeds by hand . It started growing up again.
    I tried using readily available roundup weedkiller, this doesn't work either. weeds keep on spreading day by day.

All the flower beds are covered with weeds. Now half of the lawn area is occupied.:drowning

It will be great if somebody help me with ideas to protect my yard from weeds.

Regards,
    Alamu

2. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Welcome to the wonderful world of gardening.

Unfortunately there is no quick solution for getting rid of weeds, Weeds and gardening go hand in hand . You have to weed little and often. Rainfall and warm weather always brings new weeds.

Go out when its warm, armed with a good hand fork, daisy picker lots of time and enjoy the excercise.

3. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

I spend almost 2 hours a day on this chore. I discovered that most of the weeds are well known ayurvedic medicinal plants. That does not help much. Lots of elbow grease, a good weeding tool and general ignoring of aches and pains keep them reasonably under check. Some of them have tiny but beautiful (under a lens) flowers.
    Arunadhri