1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prospective Groom is saying my dad has final responsibility before kanyaadaan

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by payalarora, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

What does he say about your father's responsibilities, when you become pregnant, and what about your dad's responsibilities towards his grand children......

2 people like this.
  2. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

Groom wants money; For HIM and HIS house and he wants as much as your father can give! He wants no other function so that there are no expanses from HIS side and YOUR parents side so that he can save money and YOUR father can save money to give CASH to HIM!!! So if you think this guy is not Asking for dowry then nothing can help you understand it. Coming to your father, Remember its HIS HARD EARNED MONEY. He should have a say in HOW its going to be spent, who is going to get properties, FD, or how much can he shell for marriage! With such kids/SILs he should better save something for his hay days. If you are so desperate to marry this guy then tell him to lower his expectations from your father and if this guy is equally willing to marry you then he would accept and if he doesnt accept then you will know what value you have in his eyes(he agreed to marry you right)! if you want to marry to this particular guy then take a loan instead of torturing your father.

4 people like this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

how will she pay back Hotchilli? She is not going to work post marriage. Who will pay for the loan?
    I totally understand where you are coming from, but in OPs case, its not going to work.

2 people like this.
  4. Titanium001

Titanium001 Silver IL'ite

Money matters/negotiations are quite common in arranged marriages , but these are handled mainly by the elders of both sides; I have not heard or seen a single case where the groom is so actively and solely involved in such discussions. Certainly a red flag to me...he wants an adjusting and simple girl...more red flags. There are so many stories about working women who are expected to be door mats and are not even allowed to touch their own hard earned salaries..

3 people like this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rakhi
    Yes ..I completely understand. I pointed out inconsistencies in the post.
    The post ,analysis from OP and replies are very meticulously done. Does not seem to come from
    a bechari abla from a patriarchal family getting ready to go to another one.
    Enough said.

2 people like this.
  6. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

I wonder how such a conservative family will get their SNIL behind bars if he makes any demands post marriage ... OP, what seems like an amiable honest statement to you now will become a challenge post marriage ... and what about his family ? will they also make no subsequent demands ?? is his offer true for them as well ?:spin
    as someone else suggested, find out what your dad's responsibilities to you are when you go the family way :coffee
    if you're dead set on marrying this guy, hope life treats you better than many other women here ..

2 people like this.
  7. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

If she is not going to work then at least she can try to understand her fathers condition and wait for another guy! If father says that he cant afford then he must not be in a position. otherwise why the hell would he keep his 30 year old daughter waiting for marriage! If a daughter cant understand how can SIL!

2 people like this.
  8. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

bells are t(r)olling, you think? i feel they are.

4 people like this.
  9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OP...what is your inlaws take on this? How come they are not talking anything?

1 person likes this.
  10. payalarora

payalarora Senior IL'ite

Hello Rakhii,

The boy said to my dad that he will discuss financial matters and will tell his family. My dad spoke to his dad and his dad said it is okay you discuss with his son directly. The in laws have got all the updates.

I am very confused and have left decision on my dad. He is okay with the demand and wants me to give final yes after meeting him on Saturday.

No girl in my family got married without meeting groom family demands. In all cases, no big demands. The normal give and take but there were negotiations.