1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Proposing IL fund raising...............

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Moderator: Please move this thread to appropriate forum. Also feel free to delete this thread this looks unnecessary.

Gals,

Sometime we come across few threads where feel there is really a monetary need. In addition to giving virtual advises is there a way we could contribute small help to the OP's?

My suggestion: Is it possible to start an online funds account contribute to it. When some one is really in need they can get help if certain number of other members vote for them?

I don't know if there is a system like that already in IL. Please delete this thread if there is any.

Or is there a simple solution other than this? what about GoFundMe page or similar

2. kimmy

kimmy Bronze IL'ite

How will you know if the OP is genuinely suffering, it can turn into a scam unless we have a team to go in person and check the authenticity of the claim.

3. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

That's why I suggested the OP/thread should get certain number of recommendations/votes. Not all members get carried away with a sob story.

4. kimmy

kimmy Bronze IL'ite

On what basis will you vote? What if OP is a great story teller ?

Unless someone sees the real plight we will never know.

1 person likes this.
  5. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

There are GoFundMe pages. Who ever see it as genuine and there is a need, they contribute else not.

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

There are plenty of real life cases who needs monetary supports, specially in India. Malnourished kids, sick pregnant woman, elders without care, orphans and people living under the poverty lines. They often do not get the internet access and the education/communication support to come here for help.

Number of charities are running everywhere, who are in need of funds/donations to support these people. You can also donate online, and be sure that your fund has reached to the right person.
    Because they help after verification, and follow up the cases thoroughly.

Now that the people who come here as somewhat well off, given their educational/communication kill and internet access than those living at bad condition. They need more supports in terms of advises, counselling, directions and some mentor or moral support rather than financial assistance.
    This forum is good at that.
    So, I don't support your monetary assistance idea here.

4 people like this.
  7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I know its a mere typo, but smiled at the Freudian slip of online presence

Thyagarajan and SGBV like this.