1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Propose Toastmasters To Management

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Tagging @whistle @blackbeauty84

I am keen on starting Toastmasters at our organization (local government in big US city). But I feel lost on how to propose this.

Specifically, the variable costs.

Sure, there are initial costs such as chartering fee, but what about paying for members?

How do we account for whether we have same members year (that would be simple one-time fee plus monthly dues) after year, or some members drop out, and we get new members (additional one-time fee plus monthly dues).

And for how many years should Management earmark this? 5 years, 10 years? Because as long as Management pays $$$, only then there will be "closed" Toastmasters.

How to propose this to Management. So far, the things I proposed don't come out of my organization's pocket, but this certainly will.

Please guide.

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

That's really great you want to start toastmasters at work. I have been part of couple of corporate clubs which sponsored meembership for employees. They either follow one of this approach
    1)Management pays the fee for employees. If they decide to leave the organization, they have to repay the toastmaster fee as part of exit process.
    2)Employees pay the toastmaster fee. Management reimbursed it under training expenses. In this case management had a policy that they will reimburse upto - rupees for training and toastmasters fee came with in that.
    3)Management sponsors for toastmasters fee on a milestone completion. Like CC,CL , ACB etc.

In my personal opinion option 2 worked better provided your company has budget for self training.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful, I shall try that.

I really hope this works out!