1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Property Resolution With Brother

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by mangaii, Feb 22, 2020.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

your brother just asked if possible, or made a decision that you are ready for the deal, that is why asking for power of attorney? did your bro and your h making decision on your behalf?
    before it becomes big issue, call your bro directly one time tell you want to keep it and you made decisions. who is taking care of home when you are not in india? it is locked and you pay all power bill etc on-line?

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Its is better to avoid joint investments with family members. In future it will be a head ache.
    You can tell your decision of not selling it- be careful on how to convey it. Or if your plan is to sell it in future,You can consider selling this to brother and invest it somewhere else. Even if you give it free there will be complaints (my friend sold her share to her brother for lower rates, but still he complaints that she took lot of money from him. May be he thinks people from USA have lot of money and dont need property in India. Their relationship was affected by that transaction). So be careful with these options. Or just say you dont want to proceed with this plan due to sentiments or dont want to talk about it during this trip.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    mangaii, Topaz49 and MalStrom like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Better to convey feelings in a frank and gentle way...yes it’s bad idea to make joint investment with brother..I future if any of you needs cash and has to sell the property it’ll become a mess..my family friend faced this issue, as she and her sisters planned to construct a three storeyed home with one floor for each sister...and share the expense in joint property ... so they demolished the home in their joint property...then other two sisters backed out ...so the friend was irritated...because they would have got good rent from the home and needlessly it was demolished ..they said they will sell it and share the money...She said, no need to sell now as real estate is down ...wait for some years...so it became a big mess...
    The plot was lying vacant for some years then finally it was sold to someone who built a commercial establishment there...

mangaii likes this.
  4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Thank you everyone who provided your feedback . After some thinking I have decided not to touch the property . I’m still not sure on how to let my brother know about this since I don’t like myself going against his words .

5. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

You have got to do what you have got to do. If you convey to him
    unambiguously, then there is no room for misinterpretation/misunderstanding of your intentions. If you do this before your visit, you can save the awkwardness. It always takes a while to sink in and accept. It will give the needed time and then you can enjoy your vacation.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Why dont you just sell it to your brother and buy an apartment elsewhere in India and relax there.
    Partnership deals with family is a big NO for me as its going cause issues invariably.