1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Proof required to file case against in-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nameunkonwn, Jun 3, 2014.

1. nameunkonwn

nameunkonwn New IL'ite

I am married from past 1.5 years. I am living is USA with my husband. My ILs visited us 5 months back and created lot of mess in our lives. They are continuously torturing me by actions and words. They regularly call my parents and torture them over the phone. I won't be able to provide full details here as it is long and unending story. I can write pages if I go in detail. I just say to myself "try and bear it as long as you can". But I don't know how long I would be able to continue like this. I have decided that if some day in future water goes over my head then I will quit my marriage and will file a case against my in-laws. I want to know what kind of proofs are required to prove mental torture and verbal abuse?

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If you are un happy in this marriage and it seems like you have made up your mind to quit,why are you waiting for the abuse to increase? Just to collect proof and get revenge? Why do you want to be a part of a family you want behind bars.If water hasn't gone over your head.....quit and try to make a new life for yourself. Don't waste your precious time for people you don't care for.At least you love your self enough .Sorry to be so frank(this advice is based on whatever little you have posted till now) but I would never advice a person to stick around in an abusive situation to collect proof...get out when you can.

If you still want to collect evidence...since most of the abuse seems to be on the phone....record the calls.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014