1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Prolonged Periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Thush, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Thush

Thush Silver IL'ite

Hi all...
    I am getting stressed and worried of my prolonged period this month..
    Last month, that is in May, i dint get my periods...And this month on June 8th, i got my periods, in the sense for 5-6 days only spotting, and after that from 15 th onwards some mild bleedings( not heavy bleeding)... Its not stopped..I am still bleeding. Today is the 8th day of mild bleeding... Is there anything to worry?.... Should i rush to Gynac( plz suggest some good gynac somewhere at HSR, kormangala etc)
    Or should i wait for some more time...
    Orelse any natural way to stop this...
    i AM REALLY worried of this, as i have not experienced this before...Please help me with your sugggestions...

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

3. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Thush as per me it looks like a hormone problem I.e too much estrogen.But anyway consult a gynae and get an ultrasound to know what is happening.
    Anyways I don't believe in taking tablets(English medicine) for hormone related problems because it's all synthetic and have side effects, its my opinion.

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Op
    It is important to know your age to give a more constructed reply....however a few pointers:
    1) Firstly nothing to panic, quiet many have this prob, over rule polycystic ovaries/fibroid/thyroid with an untrasound, Visit your Gynac at the earliest.
    2) Stress, extreme climate, prolonged travel, anaemia may be other conditions which may cause this.
    3)try to relax; yoga, good food, sleep.....nevertheless, the bleeding might subside, yet try to pass by a gyanec for the chances of reoccurance are high for the next cycle.
    4) any possibilities for early menopause? your age should be an indicator.
    mega