1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

project to grow long hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rya, Jan 12, 2008.

1. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hi rya
    we don't have grocery section in walmart.so i didn't find oil in walmart or even sams.I didn't find jasmine fragrance so got the rose oil.can we find that oil in any other shop
    regards

2. ManjulaPrasanna

ManjulaPrasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi Rya

I gave the recipe for the herbal oil preparation to my mother, She has prepared it yesterday. From tomorrow, i will be using it and I will definitely let u know the results.

Thanks once again for that.

Manjula

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi thejaswi,mythilimurali and manjula,
    thank you very much for your replies..
    thejaswi - yes..we usually do things late ..actually i also used to hate home herbal oil due to it's smell and go for perfumed hair oil..that doesn't suite me..so,after realizing it,i came back to home made oil which gave me good results. if the curd catches cold,stop eating it..it cools the body or take lesser diet like weekly once or so..everything will be alright..thanks for the comments.
    mythilimurali- r u sure u could not get Lou Ana coconut oil? iam surprised..it will always be available in walmart..it won't smell bad like our brands in indian stores.. and it is manufactured in mexico..ok leave it..try to get Swad coconut oil in patel brothers which also doesn't smell bad...and equally good.I have it in my house...Thanks
    manjula- that's good to hear..i hope u got all the ingredients..Good Luck..don't forget to dry the ingredients totally in sun
    Thanks for all
    one more information: please check for the fragrance oil,u r getting from the shop..just add one drop..that's enough.not more than that..because in USA,i don't know about the ingredients they use to prepare fragrance oil..it shd not affect the hair oil u r using..so many companies use different techniques to prepare fragrance oils..please check for any harmful ingredients even when u add a drop.. if u find any harmful ingredients present,please avoid using it or buying it..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

Thank you rya I will try it

5. priyadinesh

priyadinesh New IL'ite

hi ramya,
    thanks for sharing tips.
    but recently i saw in newspaper that using brush for hair leads to hair loss. using comb instead of brush is good.
    regards
    priya

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi priya,
    yes..you are correct..but if you select some of the brushes specifically made for massaging the hair,it will be very good..if u select brushes just like that,it will have a chance to damage the hair..that is why i have mentioned little expensive brushes designed for hair..pls do not go for magnetic brushes that may damage the hair...combing is also equally good and harmless..i usually have an oval brush for me with round tips at the top of bristles.i used to massage my hair with that and comb my hair to put plat.i don't feel any hairfall by using that..but if u r convenient with combs u can do so..no harm
    thanks

7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi rya,

Thanks for your tips.

I have some questions...

What type of brush do your recommend ( brand name).
    Now, i am using a regular comb and not a hair brush.

How many times do we wash our hair in a week?

I always apply oil before shampooing my hair...does shikakai remove oil well? What Shikakai do you get here in US?

You have mentioned not to use hair dryers after washing our hair. But what if we are in a hurry ...we will not be able to air dry or near fan...right? But I try to use in the low setting only. Your suggestions please....?

Thanks
    Krithika ( Jithiks)

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Jithiks,

I couldn't resist myself replying in this thread, hope rya doesn't mind abt my 2Cents.

Actually shikhakai does clean ur oil very well, i have been using Meera Shikhakai for quite some years. I mix it with a very little amount of shampoo and water to it. Since if shikakai alone used u may have to rinse it 2-3 times, while this one gives u a squeaky hair within 2 wash itself.

Regd Hair dryer, i would say if u avoid it totally its very good for u, u can just wrap towel around ur hair for sometime , i mean till u get ready and then just lightly wipe it to remove the excess water and leave it open. when i need to go out somewhere what i do is brush it with a "Wide Tooth Comb" (not our regular comb) very slowly. By doing this way i guess u don't need a hair dyer at all, u can get flowing shiny hair and it gets completely dry by 1/2 - 1 hr depending upon ur hair.

i guess u should try out on it just once, and u urself will get to the know diffn.

Cheers
    vaidehi.

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

hi Rya,

I have been following ur tips for quite sometime now, and indeed it has helped me to arrest my Hairfall to Min. Though sometimes i forget to comb my hair before going to bed. But ur tips have very well worked for me.

cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I should then try this method of combining meera shika with shampoo. But the sad part is, Meera packets are not available here regularly...need to chk out today.

Abt the hair dryer...i've started using it only recently..before I used to do the way you had mentioned. So probably I should revert back to the old method.

Btw, what WIDE TOOTHED COMB do you use....my comb is narrow toothed on one side and Wide toothed on the other side....your suggestions please..

Thanks
    Krithika ( Jithiks)