1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

project to grow long hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rya, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi aabhi,
    iam doing great..how r u?.wow! very happy to know that u have got atleast some benefits out of it..because for some ppl,whatever they do,due to gene problem may or may not work..u can continue dabur amla hair oil itself...it is a very good oil only ..if u find convenient with that oil,continue using it... do not be vigorous when u dry massage ur scalp as it may weaken up the roots ..just massage it softly in a way to increase blood circulation..even though people have gene problem,if they massage their head they can see reasonable results..actually regarding the herbal oil,somebody asked for the recipe,because so many people confused about getting brahmi oil...So,i gave the recipe..but what i can say is,any oil,if u feel convenient and if it works for you,try to continue with that oil..if u change the oil,it may or may not work or it may take time to suit your hair..and one more thing aabhi,the methi and greengram application,it cools the body so much..so u may try once in two weeks instead of once a week..
    thanks

2. pushkala

pushkala New IL'ite

brahmi oil is too good...
    Even men lose hair.. i suggest ..incase ur hubby is losing hair ..include 3 dates in his diet everyday..
    hair loss almost comes to a halt
    LAdies supplement ur diet with lots of greens/sprouts/dates/fresh fruits
    Afterall, Wat u are is wat u eat

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Do you get brahmi oil here, pushkala?

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Rya,

Thanks for your feedback. Noted. I shall go gentle on my scalp message. and yeah, the methi hari pack is actually cooling down a lot. I was feeling like catching cold/flu. So, there you helped me again. I shall make it once in 2 weeks.

Keep up the work.

5. Thejaswi

Thejaswi New IL'ite

6. Thejaswi

Thejaswi New IL'ite

Oops,...!!!

I saw that Rya has mentioned about the 'brahmi hair oil' afterwards only... though this thread is started long back,... it's a never ending problem/ question about haircare, I think. So if anybody gets this 'Ramthirth Brahmi Hair oil' in chennai, or anywhere else... please let us know. :help

Cheers,..
    Thejaswi

7. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hello friends...
    generally Brahmi-amla oil is very cold... and should b used along vid normal hair oil.... also ,
    the condition of water also matters...
    routine massage, with regular haircuts, proper balanced healthy diet also matters a lot for healthy hair...

more over.. these oils are available in health & glow-spencers (chennai)... also in big super markets...
    cheers...!!!:)
    ashu

8. btej26K

btej26K New IL'ite

Hi Rya
    Can u please post the herbal oil as i am residing in Uk and we cant find these oils here and i have heavy hairfall as there is hard water here.
    Thanks in advance
    Btej26k

9. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi aabhi,tejashwi and bte,
    thanks for your replies and sorry for my late reply..me back from CA..I bought ramthirth brahmi oil from patel brothers..i don't know where you will get it in chennai..regarding online shopping,i think you have to search from traders but it is really a waste..you cannot strain that much actually..you can better go for coconut oil as somebody suggested,..tejashwi i think..or if u r particular,u have to search for this product online only..but,better whatever oil u r convenient with,and whatever is available easily,you can continue using that particular oil..again thanks for all your replies...wow!! this thread is going looooooooong....Computer Typing...
    Bte, you can just massage your scalp for increased blood circulation..that is enough i think..don't worry about oils,as you have to strain a lot searching for oils..and eat lots of fruits and veggies which will be enough..cheers
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  10. Thejaswi

Thejaswi New IL'ite

Hi Rya,....

Thank u once again for all ur useful tips and inputs....

As I'm in UK at present,... but very new to this place,... I think I can't get the oil here... Once I go to chennai only (after 3 months..- for my delivery...) I should check whether it's available there... (atleast it'll be useful for other friends, I hope, those who don't have time to prepare hair oil...)
    There's no surprise in this thread going loooooooong.... for, is there any girl on earth who doesn't want a thick/ long hair...???!!!! and u know Rya,.. it's very interesting & useful topic too...!!! Thanks to Rya for starting it...!:thankyou2:
    This thread reminds me of so many incidents regarding hair care...
    Our mum always insist us (we, 3 daughters...) to use curry leaves as much as we can... (for internal and external use...) but we never followed it...bonk our cousins who followed it,.. used the recipie our mum gave them,... used the curry leaves oil...( just grinding curry leaves like a fine paste and adding them to coconut oil and heat them until they mix with them...the same procedure... ) that's all... a very simple recipie worked very well for them...
    Within six months, they both had thick and long hair... with lustrous black colour... :-o

As u told,... it depends on the individual's hair type at last...
    (Now, I don't throw the curry leaves away which r used with our food... there's one popular saying in Tamil- 'Kan ketta piragu Surya Namaskaram'-(means- Does Surya Namashkar after the eyes r gone...) that's what I'm doing...)bonk

Even then,.. as the curry leaves are easily available almost everywhere,... anybody can try this... it suits almost all hair types I think... only minus is- the smell of the curry leaves... so, we can use the oil before hair wash... or,
    we can use rose or jasmine oil with that as Rya told...

I've used the methi seeds soaked in curd with curry leaves in empty stomach... It works,..but I catch up with cold immediately..-whenever I have methi seeds... Any suggestions..?:help

Cheers,
    Thejaswi.