1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

project to grow long hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rya, Jan 12, 2008.

1. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hi rya
    thanks for ur recipe with good explaination.Just now i came to know that we can find pure coconut oil in american stores.I used to buy it in indian stores which costs almost same as olive oil.
    I will definitley try this herbal hair oil(probably after 2 weeks) & post u the result.
    but which oil do u apply to ur hair-->is it ramthirth brahami oil or herbal hair oil or both.
    regards

2. ManjulaPrasanna

ManjulaPrasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi Rya

The herbal oil preparation what you have given is very good. But please let me know the recipe to prepare with the ingredients available in India as I am from Bangalore and we may get all the ingredients here.

Bow

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Manjula

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello mythilimurali and manjula,
    thanks for the replies..
    mythilimurali- First i was using this herbal oil preparation only, for my hair.I took all ingredients from india and prepared oil here.After i finished using it,i prepared the herbal oil with ingredients available only in USA..Due to busy schedule,i could not prepare oil at home..Iam missing it,..So,iam using ramthirth for alternate day use..it is very good..iam continuing it...but,before taking head bath,i will heat up the herbal home made oil preparation(i have only little bit remaining),and massage into scalp,once a week..if i find time,i will do head pack of methi and greengram paste..
    thanks
    Manjula- It will be very easy for you to get ingredients..note it.

Fresh ponnanganni leaves - one bunch
    Fresh karisalanganni leaves- one bunch
    Fresh curry leaves - one bunch
    henna leaves(optional)- a handful(some ppl have a complaint of hairfall when using henna )
    grind the above leaves into a thick paste and prepare like vada shape in hand(3-4 vadas per litre of oil is enough),dry it in sun thoroughly. No moisture shd be there. it shd be totally dry..now these dried pieces are ready to fry in oil..

big fresh gooseberries - 3 (cut gooseberries into pieces removing seeds)
    dry gooseberries in sun totally for one week in sun..no moisture shd be there..it shd be brown in colour
    vetiver - a handful like a bunch
    rose leaves(not the roses used for decoration,one that uses for rose water,panneer roja in tamil,which will be mild baby pink in colour) - about a palm ,measure dried thoroughly in sun
    fenugreek(methi) seeds - one tablespoon(we can use the seeds directly no soaking job)
    For one litre of oil
    heat oil thoroughly,not so hot but it shd be in medium heat like frying consistency
    first add the prepared and dried leaf vadas and deep fry them,so that the oil will turn green.do not remove the vadas
    then add dried gooseberry pieces into the hot oil,the size of the pieces will become thrice or bigger when it is fried..
    then add vetiver and deep fry it
    then add dried rose leaves in oil
    finally add fenugreek leaves and llet it all together mix in hot oil and do not remove them from oil.lower the heat ..stir slowly for 15-20 mins. till all the ingredients' essence goes deeply..don't leave the oil to overburn as the smell of oil will be bad
    turn off heat and let it sit for one day
    after it has been totally cooled,filter the oil and add jasmine oil for fragrance if u need..
    the oil is ready..i prepared this oil in USA by taking all ingredients from india..now..i don't have any of them at hand....atleast others can benefit out of it..this hair oil is very good for hair growth
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi manjula,
    sorry,there is a little correction in ingredients..i have written rose leaves instead of rose petals..sorry for mistake
    thanks

5. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

can anyone tell the kannada names for Ponnaganni keerai and karisilanganni keerai.I had very long black hair but My hair is falling like anything .If it goes like this i will have to use a wig.

6. ManjulaPrasanna

Hi Rya :bowdown

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I will definitely try preparing this pil at home this week and let u know the results. Thanks again. But could u pl let me know what are ponnanganni leaves , karisalanganni leaves and vetiver in kannada or English.

Cheers
    Manjula

7. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello,
    thanks for reply..i think,iam correct
    ponnanganni-honagonne, honagone soppu,
    karisalanganni-garujalu,Garagadasappu, Garugalu, Kadiggagaraga in kannada..iam not sure..
    vetiver-vattiveeru
    let other ILs can help if they know..i have written fenugreek leaves instead of fenugreek seeds.pls correct it...
    thanks

8. ManjulaPrasanna

Hi Rya

Thank u so much. I will definitely try this oil.

Cheers
    Manjula

9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Rya,

How are you doing. Thanks for sharing all the useful tips that you have. By the way, I just wanted to let you know that my hair is growing. Suddenly I could feel the increase in volume as well. But still slight hair fall is there, I think it takes some time for complete reduction of hair fall. But still Iam happy. Iam following your tips of plain hand scalp massage at night, tying up the hair, Still Dabur amla hair oil thrice a week (till I make the natural oil that you suggested or I get brahmi), weekly once methi & green gram paste. :thankyou2: for all these wonderful tips. It really works.

Girls, try and let rya know the result.

10. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

let me know tht