Progesterone level

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ais_1982, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have PCOS and i have had 2 missed abortions in the past....My gynec here wanted to check a few things ... My fasting insulin was 5.6 which is quiet normal now and he told to check progesterone on Day 20... My periods have been regulating a bit as i am taking Metformin(1500) everyday...So the result was 126 on day 20..he told me the level is quite good and i do not need to be induced and if i miss my periods then i shud probably test for pregnancy...(Even this cycle)...

I am confused here...Does 126 mean i have ovulated this month or what? I asked him and he told me that i am in fact producing good quality egg so i should not stress myself....Moreover i have got my weight to 57 kgs from 67 in the past... Can someone here explain this progesterone stuff???

2. lotsofhope

lotsofhope Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    As per my doctors, anything above 10 confirms that you have ovulated. Infact, some machines can go up to only 20(like in my doc's office), so anything above 20 confirms ovulation and considered a healthy count.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Ais, If your progestrone value is more than 100 after 7 days of ovaluation, there are good chances that you are pregnant. Weight loss is key for PCOS, 10 Kg weightloss is awesome. Something tells me that good news is just waiting in your door step. Sticky baby dust to you

4. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply... I came here in May and did not get my periods at all (Doc told it cud be the entire change of climate from India to Africa)...Then consulted doc and took Provera and got my periods in July end ...Then Metformin got my periods in 42 days in next cycle and last cycle was 3rd oct which came in 35 days...So i really got confused with the 20th day blood report....Does it mean i ovulated on 13th day?

Am not really expecting anything this month because my hubby had been out of town due to work and we really didnt time anything and am having period like symptoms...But i need to wait another 6 days ...As it is just 31st day....If something good comes out, it will be a bonus...

The weight loss was such a pain...But it has taken me a long time...

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Ais,
    Lets hope for the best dear!
    Ya, weight loss is a tough journey! But improving in it is the best one!
    All the best. Sticky baby dust to you.

6. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vasu....I have been reading the forums but havent posted much ....How are you doing???

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ais,
    Continue to be regular with weight loss! Hope all will go well & soon you will see the bfp!
    Sticky baby dust to you!

Am fine!

8. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends
    One query...Progestrone level of 1.72 on D-14...does it mean anything....

9. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Did you ask your doctor? I am really not sure about Progesterone levels...I hope somebody here can help out..

10. lotsofhope

lotsofhope Senior IL'ite

AGR,
    1.72 signifies pre ovulation I think. After ovulation, it would range 10 and above(that's what my doc looks for).