1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Profundity is the name of the game!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear archie
    If there is a competition for ego-inflating statements, your postscript will walk away with all the honours!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Priya
    Your last line gave me the same fright as the Big Brother's atrocities in Orwell's 1984! 'Assembly-line education' is indeed a scary thought and it pains me to introspect how we have fallen from the lofty teaching methods of our days of yore. In the ancient methods of teaching, the teachers were able to open both the minds and hearts of their wards but today the scientific teaching methods fail to impact the heart. An education system that fails to groom the heart along with the mind is no system at all.

As you rightly point out, the things that we are born with are indeed precious gifts. All that ingrained wisdom is slowly replaced by plastic knowledge gleaned from the thought processes of the so called assembly-line educationists and much to our own dismay, our own inbuilt ability to find solutions to the problems confronted by us has to depend on the social processes which have immense capacity to escalate them rather than solve them.
    Sri