1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Procedures for making Satin Ribbon Garlands, Toran and Polyester Material Garland !!!

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Sudha Kailas, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Re: Procedures for making Satin Ribbon Garlands, Toran and Polyester Material Garland

Thank you Meena.........no problems dear..........yes, avoid strain my eyes a lot these days !!

2. Sudha Kailas

Re: Procedures for making Satin Ribbon Garlands, Toran and Polyester Material Garland

Leelaji, thanks so much.
    Just the name craft brings all the happiness to share u see.......

3. Ani2010

Ani2010 Silver IL'ite

hi,

Thank you for sharing the procedure.

4. L69

L69 Gold IL'ite

Hey,
    Thanks for sending a detailed discribtion.
    Latha

5. Sudha Kailas

Ani2010....thanks dear and very sweet of you to drop your comments !!

6. Sudha Kailas

Latha L69 Welcome to Indus dear !!
    Thanks for your comments.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha, in the procedure for polyester garland, you have mentioned the folding part, please clarify is it the mountain and valley fold alternatively, or any other special folds.

8. Sudha Kailas

Mira, exactly.......mountain and valley fold.......all the folds should be same which would give a neat appearance....

If you are in no rush....... after golu, I will take step by step pictures (now that SIL is here) and post them for you....dearie !! Let me know....

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

Saw the pink & white satin Garland, made by Preeta & your comments to it. Could you please explain how to get that finish.

10. Sudha Kailas

Dearest Mira, give me time till this weekend, will take pictures of how to get that finish when you do the gathering......coz I am not sure if my explanation would be helpful...

Anyways for your sake explaining it here.....when you do the running stitches initially make sure to do small neat and even stitches and at close quarters and when you pull it as tightly as possible (be careful so that the thread does not split) see to it that after you finish a certian length, turn the gathers at intervals facing different directions (for eg; 0.5 cm facing north, the next facing south etc..) so that it will all look in different directions and not like padi kattu......(it should not look like padikattu)....but like a chendu......hope my explanation is clear.....let me know if not..will take sbs photos to show ma.......