procedures for getting Khata certificate

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Renu1999, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    we bought new apartment in Bangalore last year. As we live abroad it is very hard to get details of how to get khata certificate and procedure for getting one.
    Do I have to go thro agency to get one? or could you please let me know if you know of any agency who could do these procedures.
    It is almost more than 7 months since we bought this apartment Have we delayed so much .. is there any possibility that we may get one in future.
    How important is that .??

Please let me know your thoughts...

thanks,
    Renu

2. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I found the below information, hope this helps

A BBMP Khata certificate is required for two major purposes: For registration of a new property and for transfer of any property. It can be obtained from the Assistant Revenue officer (of the respective area) of the BBMP. There is a nominal fee of Rs.25 for the form.Under Section 114 of the Karnataka Municipality Council Act this certificate is necessary for any property owner to have.

Khata Certificate is obtained for any new registration after paying the tax. The certificate is issued saying that a particular property No 'N" stands in the name of person X. This certificate is required to apply for water connection, electricity connection, trade license and building license. The Khata certificate is given only to the owner of the property or to his family members. No one else can take it on his behalf. It takes maximum of One week to get the certificate. One can also get it instantly in some citizen service centres (details: http://www.bmponline.org/citizen-svc-centersl.shtml)

(When a transaction takes place both the seller and the buyer have to inform the BBMP within three months of the transaction. In case of death of either party, within one year.)

Khata Extract is getting details from the assessment register. The extract is required to get trade license, or to buy a particular property. It is an extract from the assessment register about any particular property. It has the details of the property in a particular format with the name, size of the property, use of the property (commercial purpose, residential),annual value, when assessed last.

3. vnsk

vnsk New IL'ite

Can you get the khatta certificate instantly, is it true or they will expect something from us at this citzen service centres too. can anyone help me.