1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems In Family

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by adisum, May 19, 2017.

1. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I have been here after long. I know some of you will think I am immature. Some of you might ignore my issue thinking that I always crib. But m sure some of you will definitely understand me and give me some solutions to my problems.

Yes, problems , I have a lot of them these days or maybe I am creating more in my head. Sorry for the long post, I request you to please bear woth me. I will start with my own sister’s issue.

Long story short, my sister lives in Delhi and my real massi (my mother’s real sister ) also lives in Delhi. They both are at a distance of about half an hour from each other. And as per Delhi, this is not far. My sister doesn’t like my massi because of her interfering nature. She don’t visit her. But whenever, massi puts any update on facebook or whatsapp, my sister is the first one to comment on it and flattering my massi with buttering compliments.

Main issue: Me and mom are likely to visit Delhi next month. My sister said that there is no need to visit at massi’s place. I asked her to think from our mom’s prospective, she wants to visit her sister , howsoever she may behave afterall , she is our mother’s real younger sister. At this my sister got rude with me that I have been trying to show off that I am very kind but actully I am not. This has hurt me.

Later, again she crerated issue that why my father is not paying for my marriage events and y I am saving and waiting to save money. She said I must keep my money fpor myself and my father should do every single expense. I strongly disagree to it and this has pissed her off again. I wanted to ask you people, is she behaving in a right way ? I myself feel that she wants to control everyone around her, why is she creating unnecessary issues?

Second problem: My would be mother in law, she has been so proud of her wealth and her son’s govt. job that she is looking at me and my family in an inferior way. Whenever my fiancée asked her about any marriage shopping, she said we are not going to spend much. We will buy as little as we can (I don’t know whats the reason and she is not ready to explain even to her own son). Whenever, my fiancée forced her to tell about anything, she blames me that you are talking on behalf of your would be wife. I don’t know how I am coming in all this.

His parents are not excited for their only son’s marriage. They don’t talk to me ever, they don’t ask about me to my fiancée. Yesterday her mother talked to my mother in not so polite manner and this has affected my mother. She is tensed over my stay with them after marriage. I am feeling helpless as my fiancee’s way of talking to his parents is not as I expect , he just talk and talk and talk to make them understand and at the end of the conversation, he says that they were quiet. I am getting fed up of this.

Last thing, in my in-laws family, my fiancee’s taya ji ( his father’s elder brother) lost his wife in Jan 2017. He got married again in juts 5 months. Pint to be noted is he is 60 years old, no small kids to be taken care of. I haven’t told this to my family here, I am not sure how they will take this.

I am so much stressed right now that I cant even explain my issues further. I am feeling burdenized, stressful and want to get escaped from these situations. I am afraid how I am gonna handle everything after marriage. Pour your thoughts ladies. Thankyou.

maddysweet likes this.

2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Sister..
    Forget about ur mom or delhi visit..

concentrate on red flags of ur marriage. Your fiancee and inlaws behavior. in my family each side does their own shopping..we dont stress or get to know what other side is shopping. You are able to see beyond that which is a good thing.analyze analyze analyze...
    And y r u taking ur fiance side already by not telling about tayiji to ur parents..wrong. You r u hell bent on making this marriage go thru.is it love marriage or any other family pressure?

3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

Problem 1: Your sister is trying to be nice & diplomatic with your aunt as she being your close relative. This type of behavior is quite common among people. You don't have to bother about how your sister behaves with your aunt. As for she controlling you & your mom not visiting your aunt is not right. Your mom has to tell your sister firmly that she wants to visit her sister. This issue is more between your mother & sister, you don't have to stress yourself on this.

Problem 1: Your would be MIL: Is this arranged marriage or love marriage? If they are not bothered about their son's wedding, then why did they agreed to this marriage? They agreed to this match means they are interested in this, right? You said she never talks to you, but how come you got so much of information happening in their home, if your fiancee is sharing all the information with you, then what is his stand on these issues. You need to talk to your fiancee about these issues and sort out before marriage itself. If he is understanding & supportive, then atleast you can have some faith. Your MIL doesn't sound very odd, because she is similar to most of the MILs. She is perfectly playing her role of an insecure MIL. For me she sounds more insecure than a wealthy proud woman.

Problem 3: Your fiancee's taya ji: His second marriage is his personal matter, why they have to disclose this to your family members? In what way his second marriage affects your marriage? If it is your FIL, then your expectation is correct, they need to share this info with your family, but i don't understand why they have to share the info about your FIL's brother's personal matters.

Solutions: Problem 3 is the most negligible issue. To be frank its not an issue at all.
    Problem 1 is a petty common issue which you can easily ignore. Let whatever your sister says, but you can just ignore if you doesn't like her suggestions/interference.
    Problem 2 is the one you need to bother about. Have an open discussion with your fiancee and sort out all your fears or doubts.

NeetaR and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Maybe he has big kids to be taken care of?

teejay and kcb like this.
  5. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

This is very bad, I am sorry to say. You cannot get married into a family like this.

6. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Its a love Marriage dear... me n my fiancee are in a relationship from past 7 years. His mother seems to be nice until our marriage get finalized. Suddenly she has become stubborn and proud and rude and what not..

7. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Why

8. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

His daughtet is married expecting her second child. His son has been studying but was taking care of by his aunts. They love in joint family. My in laws and fiancee lives in neutral family

Rihana likes this.
  9. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

I knw dear issue is between my mother and sister, but my mother seeks my help as she is very soft spoken and when my sister dominates , mom get tensed that is why I wanted to handle this on my behalf. I think m trying to please everyone and that's making my life miserable.

His taya g married again , doesn't affect us much directly but indirectly my mom is going to be tensed as on what type of family is it and all. That is y m worried.

I havr talked to my fiancee. He has asdured me to talk to his mom in a manner that I won't be involved. He is supporting me knowing that his mothers behavior is wierd these days. Actualy we both are best friends frst , so he asked for my advice in his mothers behavior. I have taken it as a Dil that is my mistake or what ? Totally a confused personality I am right nw .

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Your sister is telling you to make your father pay for the marriage events and that you should keep your savings for yourself?

Your fiancee is expecting his mother to pay for the wedding shopping?