1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with hubby's career.. advise needed please

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Udasgirl, Oct 31, 2014.

1. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

i think u have unrealistic expectation of "settlement" and "job security".. lay offs are normal and every body faces a bad manager situation in life...

u need to stop assessing ur H and may be focus in wards on ur bad attitude.. rather than supporting him u r whining unstoppably... wat u quote doesnt happen only to u and ur H... it happens every where in the world... in this capitalized economy that is the NORM...

so stop thinking of ur self on high ground.. and star supporting ur H... and if u cannot support him, atleast stop whining and arguing him with ur non sense and let leave the guy live in peace...

1 person likes this.
  2. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks !! We are in some other developed country but not in US, actually didn't wanted to disclose our country.... we may not get any unemployment assistance from Govt here as I am already working.. money is not problem at this stage... but repeated lay offs are... he is been laid off twice before the most recent one where he was working for more than 3.5 years...

3. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your reply much appreciated... hope something good will happen soon..

4. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

I agree on ur first point however as mentioned in my earlier post, I am supporting my husband and not arguing or questioning his abilities (nothing non sense at all)

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

OP, any update on his interview?

6. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

has he looked into updating his skills or further developing them? has he enjoyed the work he has done or is it more of a "work out of obligation"? just curious because sometimes our passion for our craft can translate into getting ahead, too, or lack there of if our passion is not there.

and if this has been a repeated experience for him, maybe he should take a step back to consider what kind of work or industry would make him genuinely happy. maybe even consider starting your own venture if you both have things you'd like to try together?

2 people like this.
  7. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the advice. I think he is ok with the type of work he is doing for now but in future he might be more interested in teaching as that is his area of interest but not at this stage... Yesterday we spoke about the feedback's he got from his boss and he told me about some areas like he need to improve being self starter rather than relying on others + bit more hands on with technology etc...and he said he will be even more careful in future about these..

8. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Yeah he had telephone interview yesterday with one of the middle east companies- It was good but work profile is bit different from his current one..
    We are keeping our fingers crossed.... Please pray for us ... thanks for remembering Akanksha

2 people like this.
  9. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    In office, the first ones to go are the ones who cannot keep up with office politics or fly solo.
    In office setting it really helps to to get close to the managers- also for job security.
    If someone is in desi group it will help with office politics and issues like vacation days, work load etc but when it comes to job security, one has to be close to the manager even if not a part of worker-bee group.
    In time he will find a right fit for himself work wise :)

10. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

He actually tried to get close to managers/bosses or to be in their good books... but unfortunately these gore ppl are just good on face with indians but would side track them when it comes to appraisals or role change etc....another things is there are few indians in his company but are pretty selfish and Hippocrates (typical NRIs)

1 person likes this.