1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with hubby's career.. advise needed please

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Udasgirl, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks so much for your long reply... It is encouraging and I will try my best... rather I am trying my best to support him..

2. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your encouraging words :)

3. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

I think I used the wrong word looser.. my mistake... BTW I am professionally qualified (CA) and I am doing job as well

4. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

No I did not say anything about his performance after he looses his latest job last week... He showed me his appraisal report last year casually... So if you are thinking that after he lost his job last week I questioned his performance which made him show me his performance card - That is not correct...

1 person likes this.
  5. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for telling me to think about it from my son and DIL perspective......

6. Udasgirl

Udasgirl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks so much Indusladies for taking time to reply to my post...
    Yes I did say some wrong things like doubting my husband as looser etc... But I have not said that to him... would never do that....So please don't take me as bad person..
    I had little episode of udasi and sadness on evening when he lost his job last week and had some argument but since then its going ok (I have also hugged him and given him encouragement)... I love my husband and it hurts when he fails to get what he wanted/ losses what he has.... but it hurts more because it happens consistently.... 7 years of marriage and no stability as yet that's why I got upset and started thinking that would I get it ever ? Did I make wrong decision by choosing this guy ? Is he really capable ? How does he always get laid off for some or other reason ? Please note that I have not said any of it to my hubby... But thought I can say this here... I know thinking this way is not correct and that's why seeking some support and positive thoughts from you ladies...I am not a bad person just caught in bad situation...

2 people like this.
  7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If this was the situation in office, then any way your husband has to change his workplace, as it is not good to for him to be with difficult boss/ colleagues. Think that good happened and move on..All the best.

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

hugsmileyHugs Op...hope things get better.Best wishes to both of you .

1 person likes this.
  9. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Hey Udasgirl —

A lot of the posters have already mentioned great points about how important your role is when your DH is going through a tough patch in his career that's probably depressing and making him second-guess himself, too.

Just FYI, I had made a long post regarding layoffs recently in another thread. I realize you're not in the US, and I'm not sure what the unemployment support is like in Austria, but maybe there's something listed in there that may help:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/general-discussions/262804-lay-off.html#post3417904

Best of luck to you and your DH!

1 person likes this.
  10. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op,
    You should be of supportive to him at this critical juncture. Yes I know you must be feeling very bad. What I feel is your husband does not like to compromise at the work place. I'm sure he will get another good job soon. Nothing to worry. Third person prayers always works. So I would suggest that you as a wife pray and say Aditya Hridayam stotram. It should work. All the best

1 person likes this.