1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

problem of heavy prolonged bleeding

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by spandana1, Aug 22, 2012.

1. spandana1

spandana1 New IL'ite

hai i got the periods after 3 months gap, the problem is it was bleeding heavily and for long days means nearly it was 15 days passed till it was bleeding heavily.Among the 15 days first week was its just like very less bleeding but later it was very heavy in bleeding i need to change the pad for 3 hrs i dont have any pain or dizzyness but am panic about my situation please reply me any suggestion abou my condition and what should i have to do to control this heavy bleeding please mail me the solution

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi SPandana
    Whats your age..???
    if you have reached puberty recently,your situation is possible...

else,i would recommend you to visit the doctor at once,especially when you have mentioned that your bleeding is heavy...

my mil(46 years) faced a similar problem for the past 6 months and we consulted 2 doctors for the same and she is asked to undergo a D&C as she has some infection...
    so please consult your doctor at once!!!

3. gopalafiero

gopalafiero Senior IL'ite

Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, motrin,

IF Heavy try more on ayruvedic<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="textorange9bold" valign="top" width="29%">
    </td><td class="greenbold9" width="71%">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="textorange9bold" width="29%">
    </td><td class="textgreen9bold" width="71%">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

heavy bleeding happens due to disturbance in harmone levels, anaemic or more thickened uterus layer. In your case as you said you got periods after 3 months, the layer inside the uterus would have become thick. Anyway do consult a good gynaecologist for proper diagnosis. In the meantime, include plantain flower and starch products in your diet (like ragi, roasted gram etc)