primolut n is safe while i am trying to get pregnent

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by baijoyanti, Jun 24, 2012.

1. baijoyanti

baijoyanti New IL'ite

res all

since my 4 years of marrige i am trying to get pregnant last 3 yrs, still unable to
    conceive, doctor says i have TBPCR after she done laparoscopy,
    after 2mnts of laparoscopy , this month i didnt get period from last 14 days of late till today, so doctor gave me primolut n and is it safe while i am trying to get pregnent? could i check with HPT ? doctor did ultra sono and told that i am not preg..

plz help.. primolut n is safe while i am trying to get pregnent ? when HPT get works?

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

To my knowledge, Primolut N is used to DELAY periods, not to bring them on! I remember using it once or twice. That sounds like a birth control pill, so I would think that it is not good to use while trying to get pregnant. But you should get a second opinion from a different doctor on this, as most of us are not medical doctors on here!

3. agilasrijith

agilasrijith Bronze IL'ite

primolut N is for delaying periods. and i believe it is not recommended when u try to conceive. pls use it after getting a second opinion.

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

welcome to IL.

if your periods or other wise regular and its only this time delayed, would suggest you to do HPT

Moderators, please move this to Pregnancy/ TTC section

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The old school of thought among some doctors is to give hormonal support by using primolut-N, if there is a possiblity of pregnancy... do ask your doctor for how long..

baby dust to you..

6. shwethashukla

shwethashukla Junior IL'ite

Hope you aregoing to the right doctor. i have used Primolut N to delay periods.

try an another doctor or first try those home pregnancy tests.

Regards

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Please consult some other gynacologist for second opinion as i too know primoult as tablet that would delay the periods...
    and moreover i have also heard that its not a good option to use such tablets as they could cause side effects at the later stage...
    better to avoid...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

forgot to add, swaran is right..the major side effect is cysts but ladies buy it over the counter, just like that.. we take a lot of time to buy a dress, but don't even blink our eyes before we buy something over the counter for internal use..

9. mounika86

mounika86 Bronze IL'ite

i have taken promolut n 2 tablets for 2 days to postpone my periods for two days , finished 10 days till now i didnt get my periods and i had unprotected sex Any chance of being pregnant...?

10. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Do the home preg test and check out..