1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Primary complex in kids ..any info pls?????

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Vandanaa, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Vandanaa

Vandanaa New IL'ite

My DD was identified with primary complex and currently having treatment for the same..Really worried about it.
    Pls let me know if any particular information you have on the disease,treatment,precaution.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Tuberculosis in kids is generally called primary complex, or the first lesions of TB in lungs. I am not up to date on the current treatment plan. But when I had PC as a child I was on short course treatment for 3 months and then a maintenance treatment for 9 months. Please complete the course of treatment that your paed prescribes and try and make your child's diet one filled with vegetables and fruits to help build her immunity. In my understanding, as long as the child is well nourished and growing well, there need be no extra pre-cautions taken. I have had my full dose of colds and coughs growing up none of which turned into anything worse.
    Hugs for you and her, try not to let it affect you much. India has a large active and latent TB population and the disease does spread quickly here, whatever precaution you do end up taking, because people spit outdoors all the time.
    For more information look up tbcindia.org. Hope your little one feels well soon.

3. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

i had it when i was a child and i remember taking some big tablets and taking x-rays. just complete the course and she will be fine

4. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Dear Vandanaa..........

There is nothing to worry as long its diagnoised and treated. My son too had primary complex when he was 3 yrs & we treated him for 6 months and now he is 4.6 & he s ok expect for the cold that affects him regularly.
    But the only prob is he gained more weight after that medicine for primary complex so keep checking your kids diet.
    My prayers for your daughter............dont worry.:thumbsup

5. Vandanaa

Vandanaa New IL'ite

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive reply.I was really worried amd doctor has asked to give 6 months medicine.Thanks a lot again for the info.