1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prickly Heat like rash on Baby: help please

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanravi_1970, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Gokusha, it does sound like baby acne, and when our daughter had it I applied breast milk on her face and it cleared up after a while. I merged your thread to an already existing one, so you may want to read up and see if you learn something.

Raj

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I answered this question in another thread too... my son had developed severe heat rash all of a sudden one day and his whole face and neck was totally covered with it. Even I thought it was acne but it was just heat rash. This is what helped - avoid using any soaps, use cool water to gently wipe 3 -4 times in a day, apply Mustela stelatopia cream (it says its for eczema prone skin, but anyone can apply it). Mustela is gentler than Johnsons or Aveeno or Cetaphil. Do lower your home temperature to about 75 deg F. Trust me its very sad to look at your baby with the rash but it will improve, wait for a week. It will get better. If you apply corn starch to skin folds where your kid sweats a lot then make sure you apply the moisturizer once in a while to that area too as corn starch or powder will dry out the skin.

-L.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Baby acne for newborn

HI Nithya,

Yeah i got my kid's next doctor visit on coming tuesday. I use only Huggies baby wash cloth for bathing. Let me stop that also. By the way her name is Sathvika.

Thanks for your concern.:)

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

HI Raj,

Thanks for moving the thread. I was able to get complete answer for my query.

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lavanya,

Thanks alot for yor patience. Your reply was very information. I appreciate your helping tendency, because i do know very well how you take interest to response the query posted here.

6. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi..

My baby also got rashes on his face. Today his cheeks are hot red and the baby acnes are all over his face. Its like prickley heat on his face, legs and back. I also use Johnson n Johnson products i.e shampoo, powder and soap. We took him to his peadi. today and he recommanded Dove soap. He is against the Dreft and suggested Downy all free and clear for clothes. He also suggested not to use anything on the face, if those rashes won't disappear by 12 weeks then he will suggest some medicine. These rashes appear from week 3 onwards and its peak time is by 6 weeks then it starts slowing down and by 12 weeks it gets disappear. But sometime it can come back again. But do not panic.

Take care.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Baby's Body Wash

Hi all,

I'm using Aveeno Baby - Wash and Shampoo for my 7 weeks old baby.For more a week she has something like pimples (Verkkuru) on her face. First, she has all over her forehead then after 2-3 days she got all over her face even on her ears too.I'm not sure whether new born has these type of things or its totally bcoz of the body wash I'm using for her.I also heard Johnson's product are allergic to most of the babies.Is this right? Do anyone had the same with your babies too?Do I need to call the nurse?

Your inf. is greatly appreciated. Pls. suggest a good baby body wash with your experience and babies skin do vary.

Thanks,
    Pinky.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Re: Baby's Body Wash

Pinky,

My baby too had this kind of pimple-thing for, if i remember well, until 4 months. Unless your baby scratches it and cries it shouldn't be anything to worry at all. This is called baby-acne and it goes by itself. I know I used to feel that her face was like that... but it went away gradually. I applied only baby oil (mine is mineral-free calendula+sesame oil mix; you can also use normal coconut oil) with a cotton on her face as my midwife suggested.

Do you use the baby-wash for face also? I, until now, do not use any soap, lotion for her body and esp face. I add only few drops of almond oil in her bath. Her doc told me that only when she starts moving around a lot i should use baby soap/body wash for her. It is nothing harmful but not necessary as well.

Latha

9. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi pinky,
    my baby is now 31/2 months she is also having the same problem.this is not a problem,usual to most of the babies.my ped told me,normally when baby born,all parts of the body will check on its by own like that oil glands checking causes these acne.it will goes by itself....it may take upto 1 year.initially it was all over her face includes on her ears back too but now it is somewhat ok.that will reduce gradually.so dont worry.im using J&J products to my LO.....but everybody told me to change the baby product but i dint becos i know the acne is natural to newborns.
    take care of ur kid,
    nila

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Like Latha said, it's normal and is called 'baby acne'. In my opinion, the best thing to do for it is apply breastmilk, if you can. I did that on our baby and the acne was gone in a couple days.

Secondly, how many times a week do you use soap. A 7 week old, doesn't need soap and shampoo everyday. Cut down on the number of times you use soap and also, I feel Aveeno products are better - make sure you get the fragrance free ones.

Raj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.