1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Prickly Heat like rash on Baby: help please

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanravi_1970, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

My baby is 45 days old and lately i notice prickly heat like rash( in tamil pori poriya). I dont know what is wrong. Kindly suggest me what to do.
    Thanks

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Re: help needed

Could be baby acne. It is harmless and will go away. Anways consult your pediatrician.

Kavya

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Congratulations on your New born. As also mentioned by Kavya, it could be baby acne, consult your pedeatrician - you could also use Eucerin or aquaphor to soothe. Another reason could be clothes - I am sure you are washing in Dreft or a similar powder before putting them on the baby, if not follow this and it will alll disappear soon.

Hope it helps and Enjoy your new bundle of joy!

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thank u very much, even i thought of it, but it is there for around a week, so i was worried.
    If it is the washing soap,then the acne should be all over the body right? but i see only in face and lit bit on hand esp around the joint.

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    My daughter also got rash in the first month. My pediatrician
    suggested to use cetaphil lotion. We used to apply the lotion
    and it was better. If you are using any face or body powder to the baby
    stop using it. Consult with your pediatrician.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Yes, that was just a suggestion - it will disappear eventually apply some lotion, I have on occasion used petroleum jelly also since around the joints there is so much of friction. Don't worry about it and your child is not in a lot of discomfort because of this.

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sandhya

My 2cents

Don't worry its baby acne but do ask ur ped. Aditi had baby acne but even after a month it never disappeared, she had eczema & Doc asked me to apply eucerin (mixing it with aquaphor) also change her Aveeno Baby body wash to DOVE soap(which adults use), & Tide washing solution.

Now its still rough if we don't apply E&A.

Also put cotton clothes all the time. One more thing: If u r BFing plz do express some milk & apply on those rashes(before starting to apply any cream) coz its BM is the best Anti-Bacterial & all the anti-bad things. It will really work.

Even now for Aditi I apply BM on her cheeks & diaper area for rahses. Its gr8.

Do try this but whatever it is plz consult ur pediatrician its always a :goodidea:.

Dhivya

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Dhivya

I too applied BM on his face but i felt like once it dries out(soon) it seems like he will have the pulling of skin which might put him inconvenient. What do u say?

Reg soap, i use Johnson & johnson soap, shampoo and powder too. My mom got these from India, is it ok to use them?

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Dhivya

I too applied BM on his face but i felt like once it dries out(soon) it seems like he will have the pulling of skin which might put him inconvenient. What do u say?

Reg soap, i use Johnson & johnson soap, shampoo and powder too. My mom got these from India, is it ok to use them?

10. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Sandhya

First, let ur ped know whats going on, also let him/her know about the soap, shampoo and other things u r using. Plz use the lotion , soap , shampoo n others which we get here coz if something sets very well for ur baby u can get another one. Also I think what we get here is different from the ones we get from India. like diapers. But I am not sure.

Do listen to ur ped first coz I applied aveeno shampoo without consulting him & used washing solution, shampoo whatever my sis(s) uses for thei r kids(since my 2 sis use it here for their kids I did that) only later, after eczema got worse, I went to him & he suggested totally different brands on everything.
    So I learned my lesson, that it is always better to ask our Ped b 4 applying or using anything.

Reg. applying BM u r right but I will apply couple of times continuously.

Try it. Hope ur li'l one gets better soon. Since ur li'l one is 45 days old it may be baby acne which is very common.

Check with ur ped.

Dhivya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.