1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Priceline

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Laxmi, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hello Friends,

Are u looking out for a good site to book ur air tickets at the cheapest rates?

Why not try out Priceline ?

U already have boked tickets at Priceline? Then post ur commets here. This is agreat place to share ur views and throw some light for all other ladies who wld like to try out Priceline.

Bye, happy browsing and shopping at IL.

2. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am planning to book tickets for my forthcoming LA/San Diego trip through Priceline.com using their "name your own price" service. Can anyone elaborate how this works and what would happen if they are unable to match my price quoted. Will I end up being forced into an inferior hotel than what I requested. Please advice.

1 person likes this.
  3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi!

We've used Priceline's 'name your price' to buy airline tickets, rental car & for hotel reservations on more than one occasion & we've had a good experience.

This is how it works......You name your price & give ur credit card details. Then it will mention the total price which includes your price & the taxes. Once you are okay with it, it starts searching all the relevant sites to get u the deal. In case it is unable to get any service provider to match your price, it'll ask u to change your other parameters or increase the price. You get three chances to do this.

The one drawback when it comes to airline tickets is that you cannot choose a specific time of the day for travel, of course u can choose your dates! If you are open about the time of travel, then Priceline definitely gives u a good deal.

About your question, no u will not be given anything that is not your choice, for example, u will be asked to specify your choice of hotels, like a 3 star or 4 star, etc.

Happy Holidaying!!

Cheers!
    Ragini.

Last edited: May 21, 2007