1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Price of amar Chitra Katha complete set?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Confused211, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

This is probably addressed to ones living in India. I found that the complete set costs 913 dollars from where I am sitting, which is a little steep. Well, a lot steep. Can anyone in India look to see how much it costs in India? Also, the the collections comes in 3 volumes also. Each costing 315 dollars here. If you can check and tell me how much each volume costs separately, I would be very grateful. I can ask my mother to bring one volume if it isn't too expensive.

Amarchitrakatha.com

Much much appreciated! Thanks!

1 person likes this.

2. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

Each one of the 3 volumes may cost around maximum of Rs 4560 ( including taxes and everything) through out India. So cost of 3 volumes = Rs 13680 Volume 1 weighs around 9 kgs (Not sure)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Great, thanks! That is about a third of what it costs here. Wouldn't feel too bad asking mum or mil to spend that as they probably won't take money back for their granddaughter's books.

4. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

Its better. Any kind of books are always cheaper in India when compared to western countries. but quality may differ. and also be careful when getting your kids books based on Indian mythology or other things. Not all but many books encourage superstitions & retard their thinking skills. so try to avoid those type of books.

5. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

I am, quite frankly, taken aback by your warning. We grew up on them and did very well academically. And socially too, i like to think. How is it worse than say, reading the bible? Or marvel comics? For the record, I grew up on bible stories as well as Hindu mythology, as did most kids my generation, that I know of. May I know what makes you say that it retards thinking?

6. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

These are my personal opinions. I dont have any disrespect towards any religion. Even Bible, Quran or Bhagvad gita or any other religious texts( or even ramayan or maha bharat) too retard kids thinking. no exception in that. Mine is not a generic statement, i am saying it after analyzing many things. As this si a public forum i cant post more than this.

there are some other books not widely known to parents, that should be taken as basic foundation for kids real education. Unless parents are smart and mature no education system in the world including us and Canada teaches kids so called true education, they teach only politically correct education, to make kids slaves of people in power. But in these western countries parents have an option to provide what is so called real education for their kids but most parents ignore it.

you are assuming you are thinking, in reality you are doing or thinking what others made you to do/perfom with out your knowledge.

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

There isn't a doubt that too much belief in anything addles one's brains. But your assuming such and such about me without knowing me... You don't even know how I view religion. What I think it was designed for. What kind of discussions I have with my friends about the subject. How I also modify it without offending. Because the way to get someone to listen is most definitely not by offending them about their beliefs. That is just a sure fire way of turning people off.

8. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

No belief in the religion at heart is the best. Kids should be brought up only on one belief i.e self belief. You might say anything outside to others so that we dont hurt others. There are few books and few subjects to be thought of which no education system in the world teaches all. if u r really interested you can PM me when u have ur Hubby beside u, so that we both come online on gmail so that i can share all the info.i feel if u & hubby are there, things can be better understood. I gathered all that info after lot of research over the years. And most imp is u need train ur kids to protect themselves from PW and P*******. The things i am saying will be applicable universally.

Hope this helps

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Confused,

Good Heavens! Why are we all getting tied up in tight knots with a simple query as to the price of Amar Chitra katha ?? beats me !
    Ok ...lets set that aside.
    I'm here to suggest to you that you can just log on to Flipkart.com and go to Books section where you can see the classifications of various genres.You will find Amar Chita Katha and several interesting Indian mythological / historical classics that will interest the young readers to keep intouch with their heritage while residing abroad.
    As for me, I have ordered books from there including Amar Chitra Katha series for my granddaughter who lives in the USof A. BTW she is half Irish ( our son-in-law is Irish American) but has become an avid reader and fan of Amar Chitra Katha. Her Indian half is being nurtured by her grandma & grandpa ( DH & me!!)
    The Flipkart prices are excellent and their delivery service in India is superb too!
    You can choose whatever sets you like so the expense can be split and you get a variety too.

Here is what the site offers...so just log on to Flipkart.com and go to Books and then to Comics & Graphic Novels.

ACK Packs Books

[​IMG] See All Categories

Browse by

Categories in Books

All the best in your search ...

3 people like this.
  10. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your offer, but I am quite capable of thinking for myself, whatever you may think or not think. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, however.

Paulina, I agree with you. All I wanted was the price of the books that I enjoyed while growing up. I would like my daughter to share it with me. Just as I would like her to share my love of literature, science, sports, and environmental protection, with me. Thanks, I'll check flipkart.

I do hope that she won't hide story books in her class books, throw plastic bags in fire to see what happens (hello greenhouse gases!), or stay back after school to participate in sports without parental consent/knowledge, like I did, though.

1 person likes this.