1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pretty Clothes For An 8 Year Old?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Oct 2, 2020.

1. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

I completely second @nuss. I used to buys clothes from these stores when my son was young too.. he didn't have any idea of the brand or cared at that young age, its more for us parents to dress them in these cute outfits and admire..but as they grow up depending on one's personality and influence in they may gravitate towards higher brands..

Still we can guide them..as to what is affordable for our family etc and keep expectations realistic.
    With Abercrombie and stuff I usually get stuff on clearance,sale..which is nominal and match up to prices like old navy, etc.

It's completely upto you, just threw in some options :)

nuss and anika987 like this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

As long as you’re not buying Hermès backpacks, Canada Goose or Moncler for your little girl you’re fine. :)

nuss and anika987 like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@nuss said it well -- totally depends on parenting.

I'd like to add one thing. Making them aware of fashion, how to buy clothes, what to look for in the clothes are useful skills to teach them slowly over the years. Not just how to save money or care for clothes. It helps if they slowly learn what colors look good on them, which styles suit them and just their personal taste in clothing. I kind of regret not doing these with my children. No biggie.. if needed they can pick it up in a weekend from a few videos or whatever.. But, they didn't learn to take pride in what they wear though they always dress well enough for the occasion. My DH says what's the problem... it's good that once they stopped growing in height, their annual clothing expense is down to $150 some years. That too if I make them order something online and put some deadlines. So, I think it helps to make kids aware of fashion while also teaching them the value of money.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana - probably it’s just a phase. I am sure they know what they want and dress according to their comfort.

5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@MalStrom- guilty of buying Canada Goose jacket for my son. However, that $550 jacket lasted for two seasons for him and now my daughter will use for another 2 years and if it’s still good my niece will be the next one. It kept him cozy during our UK trip in winters. No regrets!

MalStrom likes this.