1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Preterm Baby Care

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Needtobestrong, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I need following inputs from moms of preterm babies...(less than 36 weeks and low birthweight):-
    1. Did u face issue with low milk supply due to preterm delivery...if yes how did u increase the supply?
    2. Is manual expression of breastmilk better or pumping using electric breastpump?
    3. What precautions did u follow w.r.t hygiene with baby?
    4. Precautions with visitors? When did u allow visitors and what limitations did u impose on visitors..like touching or handling baby etc..
    5. When did u start taking baby outside for walk, temple etc..
    6. When did u start taking baby for outings and trips..like more than 100 km distance..
    7. When did you resume work after having preterm baby?how long was career break..
    8. If u had a preterm baby first and then had second baby later on, did u successfully carry the baby till 36-37 weeks with medical treatment?

Parents of preterm babies.., kindly reply. Soon.I have many questions but I don't personally know anyone who had premature delivery whom I can ask questions...

2. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

1. Not much, I had other issues coz of which I shifted to formula at 5 months.
    2. Not applicable
    3. I don't remember except he was very tiny, so had to buy specific clothes. Had a maalish lady since he was 3 weeks old, she used to give him a bath etc.
    4. Did not have any visitors. And those who came, handled the baby noramally. Not many like to carry the baby here, they would see him in the cradle and leave.
    5 & 6. I exactly don't remember but at 3 months we went on a road trip to a neighbouring country for 3 days.
    7. I realised i enjoy being home and not working( nothing to do with the baby but break was coz of pregnancy), so never went back and don't plan to go too.
    8. Not applicable.

Needtobestrong likes this.