Preparing myself for a longer battle.. :-(

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Twinkel, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Hello lovely ladies,
    Have been inactive in the forum since few months because I was deliberately dragging myself away from fertility thoughts only to realize I cannot succeed in it anyway :bang. Its been a long 2 year journey already. From PCOS- annovulation to turning diabetic to multiple iuis and miscarriages, fertility struggle and battle has changed me as a person. Though it made me strong as a person, it made me cold too...:roll:
    So, as many of you know about my struggle to fall pregnant and then multiple miscarriages, numerous tests and disappointments again and again, last month my doc suspected something wrong in my TV scan and she immediately ordered for a laproscopy. We (hubby and me) sensed something was wrong, though doc said she just wanted to do a diagnostic lap and also, may be some corrective surgery if something was wrong. We are already drained of energy to think and with blank minds we gave the consent. Laproscopy was conducted 4 days ago on Tuesday (on 18th Aug). After the laproscopy hubby was informed that due to some infection that was caused due to my multiple miscarriages, both my tubes were severely damaged and retort shaped hydrosalpinx were developed and so both tubes had to be removed. We were shocked to know of this, because now, ivf is the only way we could conceive. Doc said its good that we opted for laproscopy, because having hydros also lessen the chances of a successful ivf. Stitches (she mentioned staplers..??) would be removed on next Tuesday and we are about to meet doc on Wednesday to discuss next course of plan. I don't know whether am broken within because I was not mentally prepared for the news of tubes removal, or am happy that we are proceeding to next step. Am ok by today and am able to walk on my own. Mil and cosister are here for support.
    Hubby is not happy with my silence and preferring to being alone, he says if this is effecting me so much we will go for adoption and no more treatments. But No. I want my own child and I still have strength and hope in some nook corner of my heart. I will fight till the end, no matter what.
    Anyone who went for both tubes removal here? @Vasumathy any insights on this? I love the support you extend here and would love to hear from you. Any ideas on how long would we be asked to take a break after this surgery before we move on to ivf? I am 30 and I don't think I have much time to waste on breaks...shakehead

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Twinkel,
    I am so sorry to hear of your long and continuing struggles. I do not have any advice to offer about the surgery. However it is good that you corrected the problem. As long as your uterine cavity is good, at your age you stand an excellent chance with IVF. Just make sure all your levels are good: blood sugar, TSH at 1.00, vitamin D.
    My doctor advises prenatal vitamins with folate rather than folic acid for better absorption. Also omega-3 and vitamin D3, and 600 mg of Coq10 a day for both me and DH to improve egg and sperm quality.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@twinkel

hugs, and cheers girl for the fighting spirit.and thank god for the catch by your doc, you are lucky to have caught the infection before it could have spread and yes they are staplers and they will be removed say in 7 days in most cases. no idea on the other query..but i know that if your uterus is fine and all other parameters are fine, you have good chance with ivf.

loads of positivism your way...

2 people like this.
  4. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

hugsmiley though i don't know much about this. I wish whole heartedly you babydust soon very soon. All the best for sure you will win the battle . God has to shower blessings for your great effort. All the best and for sure we are going to listen good news waiting for that moment .

1 person likes this.
  5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@MalStrom and @Shanvy ... thank you for the kind words.
    Other parameters seem to be normal.... its mentioned in the report that uterus is normal and no endometriosis.
    TSH is 0.9
    FSH is 2.98
    Fasting blood sugar is 144 and 2 hours after eating it's 204, which is little high and can be controlled with stricter diet (am on insulin too)
    Even doc mentioned I have all the readings good for ivf ... pinning my hopes on ivf, though due to past disappointments we are emotionally physically and financially preparing ourselves for 3 cycles of ivf to save ourselves of the heartache if it fails at first attempt :-(

2 people like this.
  6. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@paramlav thank you for the support and wishes :) much needed at this time

1 person likes this.
  7. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Sticky babydust. Please stay positive.

1 person likes this.
  8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

@Twinkel

I have battled infertility for 9 long years and one tube of mine was blocked. I took the IVF route and blessed with a baby gal. You would have heard this many times stress is the worst enemy, the more you take things successful results will knock your door. I have no idea about the other query, wish you success in your treatment.

2 people like this.
  9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you twinkle. Stay strong and positive that you are now. You will be blessed with your baby very soon.

1 person likes this.
  10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

U have great strength.
    Great that ur H is supportive,

take me some good rest and take care of diet through this journey. Eat natural food as much as u can. All the best.

1 person likes this.